Cubic ft. issue?

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 65
i think i want to run 2 18" FI Q's, my range rover will be delivered on sunday, i checked the specs and it says i have 31 cubic ft of cargo space, i was wondering how much of that is USABLE for the box, im new to car audio and my freind told me that the Box can only be built so close to the roof of the SUV and only like half of what the specs claim as cargo space is really usable, so really im wondering is it reasonable for me to be able to plan on running 2 18's, which require 12 cubic ft altogheter in a ported enclosure? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 981
I have a 14 cuft box going to put in a Yukon. But thats before sub and port subtracted. Really its a total of 17cuft. 12cuft in a range rover, ummmmmm, seems fine. If your going to compete you want to keep it under the window.

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 67
dude berny i gotta tell ya, your always awnserin my Q's and i appreciate it, BTW what do you think about the Q's?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 984
The way I think about anything else, you get what you pay for and the price on the Q seems like the right price. Plus I want to get some Q's myself. But I have to consider charging upgrades if I do 2000rms on two Q's. So yeah. Its a good buy, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase. And if not, you can always sell on ebay or here and you won't lose much as far as $ is concerned. But two 18's, thats insane, you have to keep us updated =).

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 229
so keeping it below the windows is so you can compete in the no wall class? can it be like level with the windows or is it under that? sorry about jackin the thread.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3017
the best way to do this would be to wait until you get it then measure and calculate. trust me dont buy them then try to build a box for them, then when it wont fit be pissed sell them off and lose money. trust me measure it first.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7238
if you are going to compete in just bass race, you can do whatever you want. unless you are going to build an all out spl box, you won't have a chance to win anyways. besides those spl cars sound like crap when you play music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us