Blow through box HELP!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 80
does anyone know where i can get some good information on doing a blow through (aka: cut through) box in my 2006 gmc sierra? i would like to talk with at least one person who has had personal experience in doing one of these. any help is greatly appreciated. and if anyone has any pics of a blow through box, they would be very helpful. thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 844
whats a blow through box?

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 81
its a bow that sits in the bed of my truck but goes through the wall seperating the bed and the cab.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 225
like a box with a opening somewhere that goes THROUGH the box, without affecting performace?

lol

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 82
no. the box itself goes through the wal seperating my cab and bed. its a solid box. could be ported or sealed. i really just dont have the room for a nice system in a single cab truck. so i want to do a blow through box.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7247
i thought blow through box was something you did real fast.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 846
O ok. I've seen sumn like that before. But the kid here that did that to his S10 cut 2 15" holes behind his back seat. and 2 15" holes in the front wall of the bed, adn used rubber intertubes to connect the 2 and keep it air tight, then built a box that set in the bed. Sounded like a normal box, but I've heard better without destroying the truck. If thats what ur talkin about.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 83
yeah. basically thats the same thing, but without cutting the holes for the subs. the front of the box would sit flush with the wall of my cab. the real problem is that i only have about 6.75" mounting depth for my subs. and limited airspace. so its hard to get a nice deep sounding system from such a small space. anyone have any suggestions on subs? thinking maybe some Ascendant Audio Assasins. anyone had any sucess with these?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 847
unless u cut holes thru to ur cab i dont think your gunna hear the subs very well. I'm not sure i understand completely. Are u wantin to use the front of ur bed as the baffle?

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 255
I believe hes talking about something like this...http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/xxx%20truck/truck1 .wmv

but i may be mistaken?

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 84
no. im not using any of the walls on my truck as a baffle. there is going to be a cut out through the cab of my truck into the bed of my truck which the box wil fit into. so the box will be inside my cab and my bed at the same time.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 85
yeah the guy in that clip has a blow through box in his truck. i have the same truck except a 2006. i just want to know how he has the cab cutout and what he used between the box and the walls of the bed and cab to protect the box from the two moving in oposite directions.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2915
if ur going ported, i would just put the ports in the cab of ur truck

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 226
an extreme rubber grommet? :P

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 256
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/xxx%20truck/6.wmv

^^^^
If that helps any

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1174
I get it now. I see your challenge. You'd have to brace the sh!t between the cab and bed in order to keep the seperate motions from racking your box apart. Not to mention what the holes will do to your warrantee, if you care at all, that is.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 86
no. im not worried about the warranty. but do you guys think that if i just blew the ports into my cab that it would be as loud as if i had the subs in my cab?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1175
Yeah, um, like, I want that truck. Did I count 16 subs????Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 472
theres 8 subs in that truck, he has mirrors...

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 450
we call that a cutthrough

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 741
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/162522
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/412631/7

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 38
I'd suggest you don't cut through your truck especially cause it's new. I have a friend that did this and he regrets doing it. It sound's nice and all but you don't have to cut your truck to get a good system. DD has a nice box for single cab trucks. You should take a look.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosureInfo/chevyFullSizeStdCab.asp

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 87
yeah but see the problem is that i am a pretty tall dude. 6'4 to be exact. so already fitting my @$$ in a single cab truck sucks. but i already have a box that was previously in my truck to go behind the seats. i had two 12" kicker comp vr's. sounded pretty nice but i want something louder ya know? i dont know yet tho. maybe i will just use the same box and modify it for two 12" L5's. lol. maybe it will work. thanks guys for all the input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us