A ? for chad

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 394
alright i am new to this but i am really confused on how it is possible that you have 2 15" btl's and you hit only 2db's louder than my 1 12". i know when they metered it, it was completly legal cus i told them no bs no outlaw i wanna see what it would do at a comp and they played with it for days dynamating here and there and we went through 3 boxes first box we hit 140 second box 141 and 3rd box 143.12. but 2 me it doesnt seem right! 145.1 with 2 15"s? i dont have a ho alt and i havent done my big 3 yet? i am confused i expected over 150!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9738
well most of the answers r here
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/289247.html

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 395
i read all that. it just doesnt seem possible imo!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1646
yours was achieved over a few days as you said correct? give him and a few people who know what they are doing as well as a few days and he'd be well in the 150s.. its all test and tune

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 396
now that makes more sense. the people workin on mine own a tl and they spent forever, he prolly had no access to one, and didnt have the equipment to get his res freq or anything but i see him killin 150, and his hearing....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9739
that was my point ^^^ its his very 1st time & his box is made/tuned 4 daily driven + it seems like he didnt use correct test tracks etc , next time i bet he does alot better ....

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 80
How do you figure out your resonant frequency ?

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 397
i let proffesionals do it but id like to know too?

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 398
bump

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 899
Me and him are going to attend another competition on the 25th. Didn't hear from him yet, but I'm sure he'll go. And this time I'm sure he'll do better. I'm enterting also.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7062
give me a chance richard. this is the first comp and i didn't know anything about what to do. now i have an idea what my equipment is capable of. with the right tuning and tweaking here and there, it will only get louder.

besides my bass race score of 142 is pretty decent imo. a guy with 2 re mt 15s with 7000wrms hit 148 bass race. he has a kinetik hc2400 in the trunk. i got some tips from him and i have confidence i will do much better in the future.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 900
Right on =). So you know about the Pomona Comp right? Going?

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 399
i know you will chad i have faith in you! i was just confused how it was possible. but i guess its alot harder when you dont have access to a tl and stuff. but good luck on the next comp.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7067
btw the guys there were telling me a coupe is a hard car to get loud. its hard to position the box cause pretty much the box is in the middle of the car. the trunk is too small to place 2 15 inch subs and the backseat area really don't have any thing the sub can resonate off.

ima get a thick piece of plywood and close off the trunk. then put like 2-3 layers of edead on it.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 198
thats what i was thinken chad, when u posted ur pics of the box in the rear seat pos.

i was wondering what you were gunna do abotu the trunk air space for the comp coming up

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7070
yeah andrizzle. also i was thinking of doing my next box with the subs and ports up. phil does a good job of building solid boxes and i want him to build me another one but the money. let me see whats up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us