Install price?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 340
how much do u normally charge a FRIEND to hook up a system? im talkin hu, amp, wires, build a box, hook up sub, the whole 9 yards. all the supplies are supplied all the wood and stuff is bought by him.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9893
Depends...on a job i would do or a job u would do..lol j/k

$200 would work

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3740
if they stay and help me run the wires...~$100...unless the box is insanly hard to build (ex, custom fit)

running wires w/ an extra hand there to help is ALOT easier.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 420
just have em pay for material n its all good... after all they are "friends"

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9895
well sh!t marshall build me a box then...lol

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 421
i just didn't a custom fit box for a dodge ram single cab... about 4 cu. ft. net tunned to 40 hz...ain't gunna bump tho...he gots 2 12" volfenhags powered by a sony...but i charged $50 n i paid for the board with that

Gold Member

Post Number: 3742
If they are a good friend...yea...they get the materials and beer and its all good :-)
I have done that MANY times.

I have been halfway screwed over by a few people though...some think that a 4cuft ported box w/ routed and hand-sanded corners, ports, and such w/ my buying material would be $65...LMAO.

Tell ya what Chauncey, i'll cut ya a deal...you ship me the MDF, screws, glue, caulk, resin, and i'll build ya a box for $100 :-) You just have to pay for return shippin :-)

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 422
or why don't u buy the stuff n have him pay u back then he'll just pay for it to get shipped that way he don't pay shipping twice...or have him just send u all the money together

Gold Member

Post Number: 3744
i'm just messin w/ him.Upload

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 423
sry i'm mexican... it takes a while for me to catch on...just tryna get some R.E.S.P.E.C.T around here...howz a homeboy do that around here...get high numbers or what

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9896
high numbers????

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 424
spl

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9897
naw....i really dont care what kind of numbers i hit....just not my slice of cake

Gold Member

Post Number: 3745
how do you get respect in car audio? (and life)

-know what you are talking about.

-be able to admit it when you are wrong or dont know the answer.

-done BS your way thru something.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 425
ohhh. i get it...don't be a punk...ok

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8394
and don't be quick to get upset about something, after all, this is the internet:-)

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 631
my friend says he'll hook up my stuff (sub, box, 2 amps, comp speakers, and HU) for $20, i wanna do it myself but for $20, its almost worht it t save me a whole day

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 538
I enjoy installing (I hate building the stupid sub boxes:-) ported this ported that...), fack the subs, put them sealed - done:-)
The greatest part isssssssssss - components, hmm, I can drink beer, work slowly, spend all Saturday installing:-)
Another thing is - I would never let anybody install my own system, when you do it for yourself, you do it for yourself. Well the only thing that I have paid for in a shop is running the wires - we are talking drilling the doors to run the wires for components, but other than that - I am all set:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 1020
"my friend says he'll hook up my stuff (sub, box, 2 amps, comp speakers, and HU) for $20, i wanna do it myself but for $20, its almost worht it t save me a whole day"

h3ll ya have him do it lol its cheap

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3181
well, Ive done installs for a friend that took about 150 hours total (or more) (totally custom fiberglass enclosure, amp rack, and dash piece) wiring HU and so on for free. and i've also done an install that took about 90 hours for around 400. fact is, kinda wish i never did them. thats why i dont doinstalls anymore. because they dont know anything and complex systems ALWAYS have some problem some time or something that doesnt "seem right" and i get called all the time "hey can you check this out or blah blah" and i really have more important things to do but i do it. ..... anybody at school that asks me to do it now i tell them i dont do it anymore but i will help them out on choosing products and building boxes, thats it for now though. if they knew what they were doing and they wanted to pay me like 50$ or so to help them install then sure. but doing installs all by myself isnt going on anymore. except for myself of course lol.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 635
Nemen, i know its one h3ll of a deal but, i dunno, i get satifaction out of doing things myself, maybe its a flaw in me, i dunno. when someone says "d_mn, that sounds good." itll be nice to be able to say "yea, i did it all myself."

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 427
i'm with u yanks fan...i feel the sAme way man... gives u a good feeling and makes u want to keep gettin better n better n impress more n more ppl then some day become famous and then keep upgrading and then hit 255 db and then upgrade till some day u knock the planet off it orbit....j/p....but ik what u mean
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us