4 subs in 2 sub box...

Bronze Member
Username: Mightyfish

United states

Post Number: 19
I wanted to cut 2 holes in the back of my sub box and put additional subs in there. My idea was to have the 4 subs facing the same direction, and I was wondoring if this would be a good idea.

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 127
i dont much bout boxes but i know that if u have the dimensions correct for ur two subs(depending on the type) and then u add two more ur basically cutting the each subs cubic ft.or internal space in half.. so lets say u have a box for 1 sub thats 1.0 cu. ft. then u drop another one in there.. ur cutting it to .5 cu ft of space for each each sub i beleive...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4012
just design a box for 4 subs and then put 2 on the front baffle favcing back, and then 2 on the top or somthin...

Bronze Member

United states

Post Number: 20
ok, but since i'd have them facing the same direction, then they would move with each other, not opposite directions. So it should still be the same as having one sub since they move together instead of against each other?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4028
having them facing diff directions wont do anything to them working against eachother. you would still get the same sound. the air the sub produces will resonate off of eachother and then go through the port.

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 549
What do You think?

Bronze Member

United states

Post Number: 25
What was the point of your post Jenifer? Trying to hijack my thread or what? I'm not seeing any brawling here...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us