No Power... =( checked everything

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 278
Hey guys,
today on my drive to school my system just stopped... it had never happened... so later today i did these checks:
- Check all connections
- replace fuses
- with fuse tester... I checked power, remote and ground wires for current ... ALL of the wires lookwd good and had current; Bottom line, current was flowing in all wires..
- Also fuses were fine as fuse tester did light up
-The ground in good too because the i checked with fuse tester... the wire lights up
YET NO POWER IN AMP...

One wierd thing i noticed that when i had the fuse tester on on ground and then i check remote wire... the Amp light would light up and would flash...
& also when i had connected the fuse tester to power cable and would tab it on remote wire.. the light on it would light up and go dim... therefore I think that not enough power is going... may be cut the end of wire and install the wire again?

What do you guys suggest
Thanks a million....

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2193
maybe the amp went bad?

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 279
umm well
there has to be a reason...
Like outta no where it shouldnt go bad...
its not like i was testing something... just like everyday, it was playing and it just went out...

Also... the blue light on amp does turn on and flashs(Alpine Mrd-M300)
I just had the fuse tester on remote wire and was checking connections.. The ground was solid light which is good, and when i tap on power cable, it goes on and fades away(the light on tester) also as the light fades on tester.. the light on amp turns on so its like the light on amp is on= light on tester.. like that...

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1337
turn every thing on, put your tounge on the remote wire, it should feel like a really light 12 volt battery

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 280
wow ur a genius troy.. why dont you do that for me eh...
because definately your intelligence deserves the light 12 volt battery =)

* if you dont know what to do, or are not mature enough to contribute something to solve someones problem, why even bother posting
ANY WHO. DISREGARD THIS EVERYONE..
BUMP!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1620
sounds like something might be up with the remote wire

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7174
maybe your remote wire coming out of your deck is faulty. try rewiring it to an acc fuse in your fuse box.

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 281
mat dope :sounds like something might be up with the remote wire

Um... well dude if something was wrong with remote wire, then why would the tester work? i guess...

Bronze Member
Username: Bayrent88

Ingleside, Texas USA

Post Number: 79
yea..i was thinking the same thing...i had that happen to before. my remote wire got disconected from my head unit. run a wire directly from the power input to remote input and see if it comes on

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 282
James Longo:
maybe your remote wire coming out of your deck is faulty. try rewiring it to an acc fuse in your fuse box.

well remote wire is not from deck, its somewhere from underneath the wheel cuz i am running a stock deck.. But everything was working fine.. what coulda happened that it just died...
Ps for heads up, there is a split in my remote wire?could that be problem? [ it was working fine like that b4 tho]

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1625
maybe loose connetion with it or maybe your HU isnt giving enough voltage to turn the amp on or something. try jumpiing it from the + wire to the rem. terminal.

also did you check your inline fuse????

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 283
yea u checked the inline fuse...
its fine...

Also as i mentioned wen i tap the tester on remote wire and then tap the fuses on amp or power cable.. the blue light on amp turns on and flashes and at the same time the light on tester turns on and dims with amp light:S

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7176
it is going to your fuse box. sounds like it came loose to me. open up your fuse box under your wheel, there should be a blue wire going into a fuse. make sure it is in secure and that it didnt come loose. I would bet on that being your problem.

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 284
Alright James... I will do that. BUT, i am just curious is that is the problem then
When i use tester from remote wire, coming straight from fuse box, the tester shouldnt work(if there was on current in remote wire) but the tester works... it should be dead since there is no current running through remote wire.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7179
well youn said it lights up then goes out, It is a bad connection somewhere man just check them all. Check the remote wire connection, the power wire connection to your battery, that could be loose) check for a loose ground. Check everything.

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 286
thanks james... yea dude i checked EVERYTHING trust me...

and yeah... it lights up and the goes out and then lights up again... it doesnt stop... it keeps flashing... but i shall check it ne ways... sine ur aware of it... and ground is solid...

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 287
yeah any one else??? :-( :-( :-(

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 166
wait...so when u tap a wire from POWER to REMOTE input - the amp light turns on and then fades away?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2830
did u check ur rca's and check the remote wire on the other end maybe by the hu

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2831
also check the wires that actually are on the sub or the ones from the amp to box they might have came loose

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 288
wait...so when u tap a wire from POWER to REMOTE input - the amp light turns on and then fades away?
YES!!! And Viseversa..source from remote wires>tap on power> light on tester and amp lights on goes away/On(solid for 3 sec) OFF and soo on and it fades away on tester!!
ALL THE WIRES ARE GOOD!!! CONNEECTIONS ARE GOOD! NOTHING IS LOSE!
ALso on fuses....

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 289
*Viceversa...
Q:wait...so when u tap a wire from POWER to REMOTE input - the amp light turns on and then fades away?
Ans: YES!!! its like this >>source from remote wire>tap on power> light on tester and amp lights on goes away/On(solid for 3 sec) OFF and soo on and it fades away on tester!!
Also the same fading thing happens when i tap on fuses...
ALL THE WIRES ARE GOOD!!! CONNEECTIONS ARE GOOD! NOTHING IS LOSE!
es....

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Yea, see this happened to me once, nothing changed, just driving along and listening, then all of the sudden - no bass...

i ended up sending the amp back under warranty, power problem

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 290
Oh crap!
yea man my amp wouldnt even turn on and my amp is not covered:-( i dont know what to do....

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1637
what kind of amp is it?

best bet to test the amp is take it out hook it up to a battery then hook the remote wire to the + and see it it turns on or not

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 294
Thats already done dude.. the remote wire seems to be working....
video 1 show the remote wire check and in secodn video you would see that wen i turn on the fuse tester from remote wire and tap it on to power cable the light goes on and goes off and goes on like that
Video one: remote wire check http://www.filelodge.com/files/room45/1305162/remote%20wire%20check.avi
Video 2: http://www.filelodge.com/files/room45/1305162/powercable%20check%3D%28.avi

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2130
buy a new amp
solves everything

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 295
so the amp is gone?:S

outta no where?

Gold Member

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2137
SURE WHY NOT

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 296
There is a reason for everything dude.. but w.ei hope not man....

Gold Member

TREO, USA USA

Post Number: 2138
MY guess ur amp keeps goin into protect.
maybe ur sub is wired wrong and ur amp cant handle tht ohm load and u f*ed it up for tht
reason
btw ur videos dont work for me
wuwts ur sub/amps?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1144
1. Disconnect the sub. Run a new (Temporary)wire from the battery Positive to the amps REM.
Q. DOES AMP STAY ON? Y, problem solved. If No

2. Run new Power and rem from Bat Pos to amp Pos and rem.
Q.Does amp work? Yes, problem solved If No
3. Same as 2, but run new ground to bat Neg.
Q. ok? If no, get your self a DMM and test what ohm load your subs are presenting to the amp. Check ohm rating of sub coils. Check voltage of feed, ohms of ground, voltage of rem.

And by the way,
Troy was trying to be Helpful seeing that you have some cheap as tester, Using your tounge (good tip troy) is the only way to see if the rem is outputting with out a DMM. So you shouldnt be dissin ppl who were trying to help.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 796
borrow a friends amp, connect it to see if your amp is the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 479
Check your caps lock. It occasionally sticks.

The rest has been covered.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
im tellen you man im PRETTY SURE, the amp's power is messt up. This exact scenario happened to me, sorry :[

Silver Member

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 297
OK PROBLEM IS SOLVED!

This is just for other if they experiance the same problem...

The power cable was split and was toucing ground... thats why...
But thanks alot for help guys!!!
You all rock LOL!!!!!!<<<3

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1354
and u checked everything...lol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7200
glad you got it fixed man:-) There is a rule they use in carpentry they say measure twice cut once! same rule applies to all check everything twice!

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1344
hey man sorry if you took it offensively but thats how i check my remote wire, i was being serious, its a very light tingle similar to that of one of those small 9 volt batterys(im talking about my post at the beginning of this thread btw) i wasnt being a dick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us