Battery for 200amp alt

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 169
k i have a few questions as i dont know much or anything about batteries, all this yellow red kinetic... whatever

1. is a normal battery bad when used with a HO alt?

2. if no, what is a good battery to use (please not something ridiculously priced like the K 2400)

3. also if no, can i keep this one under the hood and run the new one in the back - vice versa

4. thanks for actuall ylooking at this and spending time helping me, even tho like no1 looks in the accessories forum and i will never receive a reply, and if i i do it will be in a week, /rant.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5695
You can use a normal battery with HO alternator. If you plan on listening to the stereo with engine off, then yellowtop(deepcycle) can be a good investment.
If you want to use 2 or more battery, get an isolator so that the batteries get charged properly without killing your starter battery.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 171
thanks isaac, u have taught me the ways of the battery

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 719
where can i find an isolator?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5702
Any car audio shops or eBay. Don't go cheap on isolator. You get what you pay for.
Also match the current draw with isolator's rating.
For example, if you need 200A, then look for 200A isolator.

Bronze Member
Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 30
Also note that with a dual battery set-up you should always replace both batteries at the same time. So replace the existing battery if you add another one.
This is what I use at my shop. It works better becaue you dont get any voltage drop like in a isolator.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us