Real question

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 291
alright i been trying to set my amp gain correctly and sub tools website says i should be at 31.6 volts at the speaker outputs. i have unlimited access to scopes, dmm's, signal generators, pretty much any tester for electrical components. and i still cant seem to get it i did everything the site says to do but adjusting the gain doesnt change the voltage. is it suppose to be ac or dc voltage? i tried both. also when i did an ohms check it looks like my amp is seein 2 ohms instead of 1. im confused as hell ill check the wiring 2morrow to make sure a speaker wire didnt come off, but settin the gain is reall bein a pain in the ash. please help i could get the local shop to help but i wont ever learn to do it myself if i always get them to do erything, thanx

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 294
bump

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 298
help me please 4 get about the weiner size club for a moment

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2196
whats the rms of your amp and what load? and how is everything else set on your amp when you set it using a dmm?

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 304
i had everything turned all the way down the rms is 1000 at 12.5v and 1330 at 14.4 and at idle i usually run 13.8 or so only once dropping to 12.8v. my sub is a dual 2 supposedly wired to one ohm but i am reading a 2.2 ohm load so ill take it out and test it and make sure a speaker wire isnt loose or fell off. but regardless i cant understand y turning the gain up doesnt change the voltage.... diyers rule, lol its making me go crazy-

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 306
bump ttt

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 307
bump

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1468
dmm .. set it to volts and then make sure its in AC ... ajusting the gain will change the output voltage of the amp.. you must not have had the dmm set right..

1330rms @ 2ohm .. you should be looking for 51.5volts on the output side

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 252
r u parallel? for the speaker? the coils r usually rated at 1.4 ohms per coil as a standard dual 2 ohm... unless it's from china with an odd diameter coil which wouldn't be standard.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1842
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1843
Read the website I posted above and tell us what you don't understand. Polo..Upload

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1325
if you have an ossilloscope you should turn it down and play it until it turns into square waves theen turn it back down till you get all round waves, 3/4 volume

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 309
guess what so the sub was really a dual 4 3512 im getting a brand new one! oh yea re-metered 2day i hit 143 and that was wired at 2 ohm and my amp is only puttin out half its power ill post a pic in a minute of the meter, and yes its a term-lab.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 310
bump!

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 311
ttt wat the hell

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

Atlanta, Georgia USA

Post Number: 126
i have 2 subs hooked up at 2 ohms to this amp can anyone figure out my target voltage for me...i dk if it means 800wrms x1 or 2
http://cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=ZX7190

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2222
i think it's 40 if i did it right. pretty sure you get the sqrt of it's rms multiplied by ohm load.

Bronze Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 52
Richard what amp are you using with the 3512 and what size box/tuning?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us