What would happen

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2416
what would happen if i ran 2ga for a ground and 4ga for a power wire, see my brother has a piece of 2ga wire but its only like 13in long, so i was gonna use for my ground then some day upgrade to 2ga power wire, so would running 4ga for power and 2ga for ground hurt the amp, i wouldn't see it would but figured i'd ask anyway. ohh and if makes any difference im only running about 600wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 132
i dont see it would be a problem. i have 4 gauge ground and 8 gauge power wire and i havnt notice any side effects yet. im hopein to upgrade to 4 gauge soon

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 407
no problems...... if u ran 4ga ground and 2ga power then u might run into some problems but i think ull be fine

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 172
u'll be fine... if u have a greater distance from GROUND upping it to larger guage helps... ur power wire is fine.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2803
matt u need to upgrade you have to much power going through those. First off if the wire gets 2 hot it's going to melt. Yes i have seen it happen second with small wire your probably choking your amps cause the wire candle handle a to of current through it. So if your amps are getting hot or overheating switch it asap cause your killing them.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 306
http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

The calculator passed the chart will tell you how much voltage you will drop.

Silver Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 133
charlie i havnt had any problems with heat i have a 4 gauge for power but then it splits into 8 gauge for each amplifier. then i use 4 gauge for the grounds because i plan to upgrade the power wire to a bigger gauge the use 4 gauge for the power wires going to the amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us