Kinetik

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 647
Well I got my HC 2400's today :-) and although I knew the dimensions before hand when I saw them in person I was like HOLY CRAP...these batts are massive and weigh 70 pounds.Unfortunately there is some cosmetic damage thanks to UPS and I'm missing a few small parts :-( Oh well I'm still pretty happy about getting them so fast,it only took 2 days(Ordered Tuesday and received Thursday).

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 563
Good 4 u ,

And i was planing to order this battery but when i saw weight , I said the shipping will be over 500$

hehehe

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1713
Kinetik batteries are amazing. Why did you get the 2400, and why two? I have two HC800's and they're almost enough, and I'm running some serious power...

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 309
jake, how much power?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 2030
3krms just about a orion 2500d(did u wire it to .5 ohms?) and a SWEET zapco 750.2!!!!
omg wutta beautiful amp

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 420
UPS sucks azz all there is too it. Let us know if you want something done about it.

Unhappy they went ground instead of freight, will refund the difference.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 648
"I have two HC800's and they're almost enough," Do you realize that by Kinetik's reccomendations you only have enough battery power for 1600 watts RMS?If you're only running 2(One under the hood and one in the rear) think about how much power your factory accessories use up.If those are "almost enough" does that mean you are sending a clipped signal to your sub(s)?Oh and I also have a HC1800 for under the hood.By the way I personally think 3krms is not serious power but we are all entitled to our opinion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2031
oh and he of course also has an HO alt 300a correct me if im wrong
i dout hes clippin his subs
jake knows alot more then u i can bet on it

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 383
i feel an argument brewing and jake hasnt even replied to rob yet hahaha

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7064
they both know a good amount I have talked to both of them plenty of times. Dave always starting SH!T!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

WASSUPUSA

Post Number: 6351
nice rob. thats alot of weight. i don't think i can put 200+ lbs in my trunk. i never thought about that. damn.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2033
lol
james always ending sh1t!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7072
thats right:-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2732
hey chad im with u my car says only 80 pounds in the back but my sub takes up 55 of that and then my box and amps take up way more than that lol never mind another 70

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7093
just get airbag's :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1717
For obviouse reasons, Kinetik underrates their batteries. I have only a 200 amp alternator, and a red top under the hood. I have an Orion 2500D at 1 ohm that'll draw around 250 amps, and my Zapco 750.2 to run the components and it will draw somewhere around 100 amps.

I've yet to see my voltage drop below 13.5...

So argue if you want, but you just wasted a lot of money on battery you don't need... I'm not trying to start a fight, just making a point...

Just my .02.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 310
jake, thank you for that info, i know about what i will need now...

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 675
"I have two HC800's and they're almost enough" To me that says it all :-) I'll actually be running more batteries in the future,when I'm running 8K RMS,in a couple months or so :-) I find it surprising that Kinetik's tech(Erik Harbour) could be misleading me/people.Thanks for the advice Jake but don't worry about money,I have enough to waste.It's always better safe than sorry.You have a 350 amp draw from amplifiers alone?Did you factor in your vehicles accessories?I'd assume that's another 40 amp draw.So you have approximately 400 amps of current being drawn all run off a 200 amp Alt.Sounds like a bad deal to me personally.I'll stick with my 300 amp Alt from Iraggi and my 3 Kinetiks for now.I'll install more batts when I shoot for 160 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1385
yeah rob but i dont think he sits there with his sytem maxed out playing tones with the ac on high and his lights on drawing that much power.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 676
Well if he is sitting there...he probably isn't getting that maximum output of 200 amps anyhow,unless he has his foot on the gas pedal while in park,revving the engine but why would you do that?I only bump my stuff when parked when I am testing and tuning it,other than that I don't see a good reason to bump while parked for a long period of time.As I stated above previously he has a much bigger draw of current than he has coming out of his alt,which is why the extra capacity in batteries is a good idea,especially with Kinetiks which have such an extreme rate of discharge, that's why I have the battery capacity I'm running.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1718
The only time I run it all out is when I'm sitting. You literally can't drive with it all the way up. And yet again, I've yet to see less than 13.5 volts...

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 427
Ive run several high power systems will the correct amount v supplied.

We'll use the last 2 for example.

2 Treo SSX 1500.1s ......5 2400's not near enough.

1 Tru Technology Sledgehammer.....5 2400's not near enough.

Both systems over 4kwrms, easily. Not counting the highs amps. STILL had 1.5-2v drops. With ohio gen's OR alterstarts. Its not the alts, its the lack of storage. Voltage measured where it matters, at the amps.

When, just for giggles, the system was linking to a 8 battery bank (2 per 1k) which i recommend, i had very little drop. (ave was .6)

If you have a true 3500w, and wtfe alt you want, and you think 2 1800's will cut it, your sadly mistaken, and i feel sorry for the alt your killing.

Noone said this was going to be cheap or easy and for the life of me i dont understand why ppl want to argue their "im to broke to do it the right way POV". Your theory is irrelevent, what you "think" is enough is irrelevent.

A "good idea" is to have enough alt to match your draw, and enough battery storage for it to draw from.

IF, IMO, you dont have 2 decent batteries per 1000w, you dont have enough.

IF you dont have roughly 70a of alt per 1000w, plus stock, you dont have enough.

IF you have that red top wired to your Kinetiks, you need to walk away from this thread.

You need power to make power. You need storage to have it on hand. Period, nothing to argue. Go big or go home. There is no such thing as "getting by", and i wish ppl would stop telling others there is.

Big amps + big alts + big batteries + big money = a decent system.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 654
so do yall think 1 optima red top for starting, and 2 optima yellow tops is enuf for me to run a small components amp and an orion 2500d? Will probably get a 220-240a alt.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 689
I love when the word "literally" is used incorrectly :-) You literally cannot physically step on the gas pedal and move your vehicle?I find that very hard to believe...although it may make it difficult for you to drive I doubt it "literally" makes it impossible.Thanks for clearing this up Ren.Go for Kinetik batteries instead of Optimas,I'm sure you'll be far more satisfied.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 690
Bump! For everyone to gain a little more knowledge?

Bronze Member
Username: Nevaeh

St.Augustine, FL Usa

Post Number: 87
ROB why isnt my aim working im getting upset with it...

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 692
Well...it could be lots of things.It's very hard to pinpoint when the computer isn't in front of me.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 695
Bump this shi± for Jake to read :-)

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 443
Enough amps from the alt is infinitely more important than the batteries when dealing with a daily driver.

Batteries are infinitely more important than the alt when dealing with comp cars.

When the daily driver is an extreme daily vehicle, both are very important.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 608
My odyssey batts weight about the same, I underestimated the weight and my back was hurting for like a week. Can't imagine why something that size weights so much.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 698
Ha.It's a battery.Pretty much any good battery is heavy.Think about those cheap dollar store batteries they're extremely light most of the time and they run out of juice fast.You get some quality batts such as duracell or Energizer and not only do they usually weigh more but they also last longer.See where I'm going with this?If you have a hard time imagining why that weighs so much think about how much lead weighs.It's all about what's inside is my point :-) You need to be more careful when lifting heavy things because it's not hard to seriously injure yourself.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 699
No more advice for me Jake?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1406
he doesn't come on here often

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
This is one reason I don't like ecoustics, I must repeat myself several times before I'm heard.

"The only time I run it all out is when I'm sitting. You literally can't drive with it all the way up. And yet again, I've yet to see less than 13.5 volts..."

Yet again, I will repeat it, so maybe someone will read it, and hopefully understand...

I don't listen to it at full volume while I'm driving. Only while I'm sitting, and for very short periods of time. And I did a test, with varioius music, and test tones, with a friend revving the engine to approx. 2,000RPM, at full volume. I DID NOT SEE anything under 13.5 volts. Therefore... It's fine. So argue with me all you like. I've seen it with my own eyes.

"IF, IMO, you dont have 2 decent batteries per 1000w, you dont have enough."

The type of battery, voltage, and size of the battery all come into action here, obviously.

"IF you dont have roughly 70a of alt per 1000w, plus stock, you dont have enough."

That also depends on the type of amp. And you must also remember that most people don't run their systems at full volume...

"IF you have that red top wired to your Kinetiks, you need to walk away from this thread."

Why is that a problem? There is a relay between the Red Top and the Kinetiks so when the car is off, they aren't electrically connected. If you understood electricity, you'd know this.

Now for my turn:
IF, IMO, you get on here, and try to argue with someone like me. About something so stupid, that you obviously don't truely understand or haven't fully thought about, or studied, you're an idiot.

I was a mechanic for many years of my life, and have about as much background in this sort of thing as Glasswolf. His knowledge is much broader, but when you sit here and try to tell someone what they need, tell them specifics, don't generalize.

I'm done with this thread. And if you want to see my voltage (at the amps, "where it matters") come on over.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 701
You must have graduated from Lincoln Tech.Lol.If I can recall you came on here and told me I didn't need the batts I have...but then you say this- "but when you sit here and try to tell someone what they need, tell them specifics, don't generalize." way to contradict yourself :-)Well...cya later Glasswolf Jr.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 681
I didnt see any contradicting there. He said you had excessive batteries...how does saying "don't generalize" contradict that?
And if Jakes system works just fine, and stays at 13.5v, then how can you tell him he's wrong?

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 702
Jordan if you actually took the time to read the entire thread you would see exactly what I am talking about.If you already read the thread...read it again,then you may understand what Jake and I both said.Jordan I never told him that he was wrong,I said I personally wouldn't run off of so little battery capacity.If he can run his system off of those two batteries that's great,his system is still running fine from what he said and that's good but I'm going to run more batteries/capacity because I think it's a much safer/smarter/better route.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 683
o ok. Well when i read it the first time it dint seem to come out that way. I thought that you was trying to say that theres no way only 2 of those batteries could allow for his system to run like that

Anyways, i know that 2 Yellow tops are about the same as a kinetik2000(maybe) not sure which model, driving helped me out. He said kinetiks are a better choice, but for $120 for 2 Optima yellow tops, should i just get those? I'm going to be running an Orion 2500d and small components amp.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 704
That's a good deal for the 2 yellow tops.For that price you can't go wrong.Just make sure to watch your voltage because even with all the capacity in the world you will eventually run out of it at some point,only if your current draw is more than your alt's output.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 694
Yea. Ima get a HO alt eventually, ive got a few lil problems to take car of first, then im gunna start savin. My original plan was to get that before my new susb, but i found a good deal and couldnt let it pass.

Would a 220-240a alt be enuf for my system?
orion 2500d, 2 DD9512, maybe a small comp. amp.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 664
Yeah, 220-240 would be more than enough. Add a nice battery to compliment it also.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7740
holy crap....i never clicked on this thread...and here it is, fully blown out arguement. dammit i missed it!!! lol

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 695
Lol. hey muddy i got the 9512s in today. Holy SH!T these things are heavy.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7746
PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 697
hmm....i guess so man...lemme get the camera a stuff and ill hav em up in like 15-30 min.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7747
sweet:-):-):-)

remember...

cone pic. side pic. motor pic. whole sub pic. whole sub pic inverted.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand i am spent. :-) lol

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 698
Easy muddy. I'm resizin the pics right now.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 697
Im gonna run 2 2400s for my setup with a 200amp alt. I will be running 2 eD NINe.1 amps strapped and 1 NINe.2 amp. 300 amp draw plus my cars draw is possible.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

BTLUSA

Post Number: 6574
where are the pics jordan. we are still waiting.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7766
seriously...oh no,i thought i saw the thread....either way...:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us