Entertainment in Car

Username: Tipu

Post Number: 1
Hey i like road trips ... so i was thinking of using my Laptop in my car beside that i would also like to attach my XBOX with it so that if possible i can relax and play the console on my laptop screen ... IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THAT ALL??

what kind of handy work and equipment do i have to attach my Laptop with the car???

cheers

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 291
In theory you'd simply need a head unit with an AUX in or to hook up an AUX input adapter to your stock HU and then run a cable from an audio out or headphone port on your laptop to your head unit.

As far as your xbox to your speakers and laptop, I can't help you there, though the audio portion is pretty much the same idea.

Bronze Member
Username: Jacksap83

Post Number: 11
no

Bronze Member
Username: Psychedelic_feta

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 14
Billy, your looking at a very simple procedure provided you buy the right gear. I just bought myself a new inverter for my car and it blows everything out of the water.

Just so you know in case you didn't already an xbox will never get enough power from even the strongest of inverters if they are plugged into the cigarette lighter plug. They have to be hard wired to the battery.

Here is ALL you need:

A Monster Cable MCPI 300 power inverter.

The reason why is because it comes with a hardwire kit which means you can attach it directly to your battery and give your xbox the insane amount of juice it needs.

Also, this inverter is special because it has a remote turn on wire that is attached to the ignition, so as long as your car is not running and your key is not on ACC, you won't kill your battery either. Suffice it to say: Playing XBOX and Laptop = Car Running.

You may want to have this done professionally if your not comfortable revealing your distribution block in the car or drilling a grommet in your firewall to access the battery.

In theory this is all very very very simple, its just the application of that simple theory is somewhat difficult.

Anymore questions let me know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us