Amp Parts

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1369
... need two simple 7mm set screws for my amp. Partsexpress is the only place I found them but I will not pay $7.61 for two set screws. Shipping is double the price of the parts :-) ..

Anyone have a link or know somewhere else to buy them?! Hope Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, none of the local hardware stores have them here..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1785
Go to ace or homedepot they are called grub screws. At home depot they have a special selection in a big metal box go to the green one whihc is stainless and look in there. I have seen them so I know they have them, grub screws remember... Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1371
I've looked.. the only screws the have go from 4,5,6,8mm ... 7mm is left out. This includes stuff like torx screws, allen screws, ect. All they have is 7mm hex bolts. Never heard of grub screws.. reminds me of the grub worm :-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1083
radio shack?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1794
Ya, because they look like a grubworm. Ace always has the hard to get sh!t. Polo..

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1374
went to Ace again today.. only carry 6, 8.. no 7mm. I even tried a place called Fastenal .. they specialize in metric and well.. no 7mm in anything

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1812
Just called MCMaster Carr and they said they do not make a 7mm, you sure it is that size? Bring the amp with you next time...Polo.

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1376
Positive.. It is a 7mm. Brought the set screws with me and everyone that tested them had a 7mm nut fit perfect. I can't even find them on the net.. I'm desperate! Anyone have some dead amps laying around? I'll buy the set screws if they are 7mm!

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1378
Someone! Anyone!

Gold Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1381
didn't bump..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums