Lights dims all around due to JL 500/1 amp

Bronze Member
Username: Flyboyy

Post Number: 20
Hi , does it matter if my lights in my car dims ? each time the bass hits my back lights will dim back and forth, how can i stop this ? btw I have a JL audio 500/1 amp pushing JL 10w6 subs , could it be possible that I did not ground it perfectly ? im worry about losing power to my car btw I have stock battery from BMW.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 385
Quite the opposite are you grounded it properly:-)
Lights dim because your system is sucking the current from your your electrical faster than it can produce it. First thing you could try is installing a 2nd battery, that might be enough, because JL 500/1 is not a very big amp. If that doesn't help you will have to replace your alternator with a high output alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 7554
ok....

you are experiencing a lacking charging system.

you MAY need to buy a High Ouptut ALternator.

doo this first though, raise the rpms to about 1500-2000rpms....play it as loud as it will go, if it doesn't dim, you are fine, just watch the volume at stop lights. if it does, you are slowly killing your alternator. :-)

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7555
DAMMIT MARIS!!:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
when I dont pump it, its fine, its when I put the volume at around 80% , and only when bass kicks in, I better listen to my music around 50% cuz its fine around there , lights dont dim at all.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7556
do the lights dim when the engine is above idle???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
so you want me to put car on park and then blast my music and then step on some gas make it above idle and see if it dims ? if it does not dim ? and if it dims ? I will do this tonight.

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 393
Do it and let us know, I think you could slide by with an extra battery, cause that JL only has a 50 amp fuse so it does not draw too much.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 7571
exactly...if the car doesn't dim when the engine is above idle, you aren't in any real danger, BUT if oyu have dimming above 1500rpms...your alt can't power it....then another batt would suit you fine:-)

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

S.F., Cal.

Post Number: 292
It could be the ground! If your using the body to ground the amp? it may be sucking the juice from the other electrical stuff. If you have not run a new ground from the battery to the amp? than get a larger main ground from the battery to the frame/body.

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 23
Get a Cap that should help you out.

Silver Member

Cork, Co.Cork Ireland

Post Number: 419
Malik, pls go to the Accessories forum and see what a lot of us think about Caps:-):-):-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3073
malik take a break and read, check GOOGLE lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us