Amp Suggestion

Username: Kai2780

Post Number: 8
looking to power two single voice coil 4 ohm speakers rated at 350w rms. can ayone suggest an amp or company line to look into?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1998
well whats your budget, there's plenty of brands. and what brand speakers are they?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6892
and is each sub 350rms or combined 350rms?

Post Number: 9
crystal comp 8". don't have them yet but, i am going to order them from caraudiodirect.co/uk. once i find a suitable amp. not too concerned about price as long as it coincides with the quality of the amp. from the little bit of info on caraudiodirect.co/uk they appear to be 350w rms each as one speaker is advertised and the price does not say per pair. i am trying to find more info on them.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6915
jl 500/1, kicker 600.1, PG 600.1(phoenix gold), orion 600D. there is a few with different budgets in mind.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2947
2 4ohm SVC= 2 ohm load, get a kicker ZX 750.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks for the suggestions. i will research each mentioned. is it better to have the speakers'
rms power rating slightly higher than the amps' or vice versa?
i was thinking the speakers should be rated slightly higher if not exactly matched.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2967
doesn't matter too much... higher or lower, just match the gain with your HUs preout voltage.

if your subs are 700w rms, you can give them 600-800w rms, in some cases you might give them more if they hold it.

In other cases they might reach full excursion with less power.

All depends on the sub KAI
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us