First System Shopping List

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewonder

Post Number: 12
Been changing my ideas around a bit, thinking of going with a cheaper system since I don't know how long my car will last / this is my first system. I figure a HU is pretty much transferable to any car, so this is what I am thinking right now.

CDT Audio CL-51A-25 PRO
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4609

Pioneer DEH-P680MP

I know very little about subs and amplifiers, and was thinking of getting a Q for awhile, but decided I don't want to deal with upgrading batteries / alts, so what is a good SQ subwoofer with some punch at a good price? Would it make sense to try and get one of those Atlas's off ebay? And also, what amp should I get to power the CDT's? I am most likely leaving stock speaks in the rear and using HU to power for rear fill.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 485
Contact alteraudio, forgot his name again. If you want cdt components he's the man to get in contact with. Good prices, and will help you decide on what components you really want. Also what kind of car do you have. Some cars, you can run a 1000rms sub amp and not really have any problems, imo. So that means you can get a Q, but probaly would be good to just upgrade your battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I'm worried that I can even run a low end system, my battery guages shift when I lower the windows and lowering two windows at once makes it visibly slower...lol. I have a 1992 Ford Explorer.

Oh and also, I know nothing when it comes to wiring and box making, anyone have any good sites I could read up on?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 489
My car does the same, don't worry. 1 window is fast, 2 is slow. Also my lights dim when I roll them up or down at a stop. Its common for me. But cheap system, go with some aq sd2.5's, and run them anywhere from 800rms to 1000rms for both.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
These good SQ subs? And also, whats the ohms on that? DVC?

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 492
These are sql subwoofers. And when you order, you can choose what ohms you would want. So pick one that will match the amp you have now or plan on buying later. www.ficaraudio.com, click on speakers, then on fi Q. Might also want to consider some AQ sd2.5, www.audioque.com

Silver Member

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 494
bump, bc it didn't bump!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
SQL is rather vague. I'm looking for a daily listener, so SQ is the highest priority, getting loud is an added bonus.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
bump?

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 373
That's what SQL is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts