Pioneer vs. Premier

Username: Un0denero

Post Number: 2
i've narrowed down a new HU to Pioneer...so my question is

1) which Pioneer HU is the best in terms of price vs. performance/quality

2) is there a difference b/w Pioneer and its comparable Premier model?

i dont mind paying for the DEH-P980BT but obviously if there is another model that is basically the same but much cheaper i'd go that route

also, i'm going to hook up my ipod to the new HU so is Pioneer the best way to go in terms of ipod ease of us with the CD-IB100ii?

i may be crazy, but i remember seeing somewhere that there was an in-dash touch screen LCD that would show a clickwheel along with the song info when an ipod was hooked up to it...anybody know?

thanks for the help/advice/suggestions

-uno

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3215
well if you don't need the BlueTooth, then look at the 780 or 880. 780 is the flashy one, 880 is the functional one. great units! 780 and 880 are around $330, 980 is higher, not sure how much higher.

Premier version and non-Premier version of the 780/7800 are the same. 880 only comes in Premier. 980, not sure the differences, double check the web site and make sure though. usually simple things like Pre out Voltage or ACC file capable.

the only DVD unit that has the ipod picture on the screen like your saying is the Panasonic units.

Username: Un0denero

Post Number: 4
Thanks Brandon...i went to the Panasonic site and I assume the DVD unit is CQ-VD7003U....but do you have a link to where they show the clickwheel on the screen besides this:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/mobile_electronics/default.asp?sec tion=1

thx again

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3218
i acutually had the CQ-VD7001U, last year's model i think. i can't find the pic of the Ipod screen being used anywhere.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3219
i acutually had the CQ-VD7001U, last year's model i think. i can't find the pic of the Ipod screen being used anywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us