Subs to get

Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 1
I'M NEW TO THE GAME BUT I SEE A LOT OF TALK ON JL SUBS, ARE ALL JL SUBS GOOD OR JUST THE W7 VERSIONS. I NEED TO 12 INCH SUBS FOR MY CAR AND A GOOD AMP NEED ADVICE ON WHAT TO GET. GLASS CAN U HELP ME OUT. MY FRIENDS HAVE ALPINE TYPE R,AUDIOPIPES,JL 12W6, AND AUDIOBAHN. WHAT I WANT IS MY BASS TO LOW END WITH CLEAR SOUND AND QUALITY
HOW MUCH SHOULD I SPEND. THEY HAVE SOME NICE SYSTEMS IN EYES BUT I KNOW I CAN OUT DO THAT.

Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 8
from what i hear, the w7's are hard hitting machines, the last system i had, i had 2 12" w0's, sealed box, with a RF punch 160.2 amp. i was surprised at how good the sound was, but then again, i don't want to have my chest hurting when i listen to my music.But i prefer to spend a little less on something like kicker solo baric L5's or something. although the L7's are better. i'm just a square kinda guy i guess.

Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 2
where can i find some jlaudio 12w6 for cheap whats a nice price range

Robert j
Unregistered guest
yes Jl W7 may hit hard but they were intended for SQ not SPL. and corey hicks as far as i know any jl that you get is going to sound good, but your going to need a good amp to go with it to. And you said you wanted low bass so you probably want a 15inch. or a 12 in a ported box. Now if you want a sub that is really cool and sounds good go with a brahma. they don't look as good as kicker or alpine subs but have a 28mm exursion one way. when the sub is in action all your friend will be looking. my local JL dealer wanted me to show them the sub and they couldn't beleave it. But if you have alot of money to spend on a high quality sub go with eclipse.

Billy Bob
Unregistered guest
I don't know where everyone gets the w7 is not for spl. That sub is crazy spl! It is awesome

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 561
robert J what the hell are u talking about?

ONE 13w7 can hit 150+ dB easily in a slot vented box tuned to 34 Hz paired with a jl 1000/1

they are also excellent SQ subs IN addition to being high SPL subs too

Robert J
Unregistered guest
I never said they aren't good spl subs i just said that they were intended for SQ and not spl. The reason i said that was that corey hicks wanted a sub that sounded as good as his friend so i was just saying that it is a great SQ sub. But yes i agree they are really loud i herd 4 12w7's in a escalad and only turned 1/8 of the way up and it was plenty loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us