Cant get a solid answer to all MY ?s

Bronze Member
Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 20
k i'm getting rid of my 2 12" l5s for 1 fi q12 will it be much louder...where can i get them for a good price...will i need 1 or 2...whats a good price 2 sell my 2 12" L5s in the kicker dual enclosure for

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 3167
the 2 L5's will prob be a little louder.
only place i know of to get FI subs is from FI.
www.ficaraudio.com
check ebay for what used L5's go for and start around there.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1918
www.ficaraudio.com is the only place to buy them. i haven't heard them yet though but i'm willing to say 100% sure they will be louder. just based on the old xxx i have heard and they supposely get louder than those. plus you will have alot better sq, and you know they'll last for a long time. i say go ahead and get the two, why not. and before selling those subs on ebay, why not try to get over on some dumb local, you'll get more money that way.

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 104
it's based on application... but the q's by far WILL murder those... think about it... the L5's also have a lower power handling. the q's... WHEW! the'll smash you GOOD! the motor design is REALLY optimized for sound quality that gets NUTTY LOUD! hmmm... by the way, are u sealed or ported?

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 225
:rolleyes:

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 857
I could match a 50 watt subwoofer built for SQ with a 50 watt RMS amp.. and it could/would most likey sound amazing.

Just because a subwoofer is rated at 1000 watts RMS doesn't mean it will sound better (SQ) than a sub rated at 500 watts RMS. As long as you match the sub's RMS rating with your amp's RMS rating, and use quality equipment meant for SQ (not SPL) you'll get a great sounding system.

I use to own an older 15" boston competitor, had it running @ 125 watts RMS on a xtant x603 (or 603x, can't remember well) and it had amazing sound quality @ 125 watts.. it wasn't perfectly matched, but it sounded so smooth and it caught every tone I set it to catch :-)

Now, comparing the L5 to a Q would be hard because most people don't own a Q yet, I don't know who does and doesn't. But, I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard a square sub, of any brand especially kicker, with any sort of sound quality.. but they did get loud.. and distorted very quickly at high volumes. If you were going to go with sound quality, I'd go with the Q because I know for a fact that the L5 has sh1tty sound quality and distorts quickly... if you were looking for sloppy loud bass, I'd say go with the L5 and skip trying out a new sub.

-m

PS: I haven't slept yet, so sorry if I don't make any sense :P

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 858
oh, and Aaron.. I PM'd you so check your email for my PM.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1434
what kind of box would you put the q in?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6652
depends on who you are asking....lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ajsmith9008

Post Number: 21
yeah i have no idea what id put the q in...any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 1448
3-3.5 cuft tuned to 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6659
if it is a 12"...have fun bottoming it out^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3807
thats too big of a box. go with like 2.0-2.2 cu ft tuned to 30-33

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 558
i made a immortal bottom out in a 1.25CU tuned at 47hz :P lol with about 1200rms that about right?

Silver Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 108
it's ur application and taste! good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us