Dd 2500a vs. dd 9100c vs. fi.ssd

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 265
i relize that the se has 300 watts rms than the dd. but someone told me that dd's pounded like no other. and are WWAAAAYYY cheaper. at least in oklahoma they are.. i have pretty much marked off re. i cant afford. i thought i could but i cant. its either gonna be dd or fi. either the dd2500a 12, dd9100 12, or fi ssd. havent totally decided yet.im gonna two of them i know that...
i realize the 2500 is only 500wrms. but im looking for sq. more than spl. im wanting the sq about 70% and the spl 30% percent. i want it to get lound while pertaining its sound quality. like i said above i wanted re so bad. cant flippin afford it. out of the three which would you have. and the thing that weirds me out about the fi is the dual 1 and dual 2 ohm. ive always delt with 4ohm subs. maybe its time for somethingnew... but out of the three which is my best choice for sq with a bit of spl

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
bump^^^

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1020
i think the 9100 is there second most expensive sub, a few hundred more then there 9500, so if RE is too much, than the 9100 probably isnt your best choice, but im sure the 2500 would work great

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 1009
either that or settle for a single 15" Fi Q.. great SQ and should get plenty loud in a good enclosure.. what is your budget? and btw.. DVC 2 ohm = 4 ohm .. or 1 ohm depending on how you wire it

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6532
12" 2500 = ~190-200

12" 9100 = ~800

12" SSD = 190

12" Q = 260

i would get the Q mang....:-) you can throw 1,000wRMS on it and have a blast!

Bronze Member
Username: Rvlacos

El Paso, T.X. United States

Post Number: 15
where can you buy the dd's for that price? where im at the 2500's are bein sold for like 440 a piece. and the place that sells them cant even make a box tuned for them.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6537
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

they really sell them for that much????
that is REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

the fuggin 2500's MSRP back when they had the price list up on the website was like $210. lol

somebody is trying to make up for lost profits....

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6538
seriously....how much do they sell 9500's for...$2k?

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
wow. then the 91's are def out. but i have to have 2 12's cause i already have my box built for my f150. so ill prolly end up with tha 2500's and the ed nine.1

Bronze Member
Username: Bass__monkey

Las vegas, Nevada United states

Post Number: 49
if u like resonant engineering... the designer of all their subs came out with another company called "FI". just to let you know... really affordable but here's the biggie... for the price he offers and the PERFORMANCE it is a definite steal!

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 51
If you are stuck on those brands, then I would go with the FI's. But as far as really good sound quality with very good SPL goes; I would recommend some Mmats subs. There are a pair of 12" Pro 2.5's on ebay right now for $225 Buy it now. Or i'm selling a Pro 3.0 12 on there for 150 Buy it now. Just a suggestion.

-C

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
yeah im stuck between the 2500's and the fi ssd's i dont really want more than 800wrms each. cause i dont wanna pay for an amp that big...

Bronze Member
Username: Likeapuma

Washington/Utah

Post Number: 53
Yeah, I understand. I'd say go with the SSD's. But the Mmats 2.5's are only rated at 400 rms, and the 3.0's are 700 rms.

-C

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
the ssd's are 800 watts rms... i've put 2400 watts on them and things get BRUTAL! needless to say they can take 1000 watts no prob. i've put 1 12" on 2400 watts and i was shocked at the output at 32 hertz! (now please don't put power like i did b/c you WILL void the warranty.) im an a55 when it comes to 5panking subs so yes all the fi woofers are very durable. FI= "BUILT TO LAST."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
the ssd's are 800 watts rms... i've put 2400 watts on them and things get BRUTAL! needless to say they can take 1000 watts no prob. i've put 1 12" on 2400 watts and i was shocked at the output at 32 hertz! (now please don't put power like i did b/c you WILL void the warranty.) im an a55 when it comes to 5panking subs so yes all the fi woofers are very durable. FI= "BUILT TO LAST."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
SORRY^^ BOUT^^ THE^^ DOUBLE^^ POST!^^ LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
ok thanks. which do you think has better sq. 2500's or ssd's

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, Nevada U.S. of A.

Post Number: 61
the ssd's but in the dd website they want you to tune to 40-45 hertz i believe. im not trying to sway you. what ever you'd like, but tune it to 32-35 hz if u go ported. both will offer phenomenal performance based on application. i've tried ALOT of woofers and by far the fi subwoofers deliver big time. they are a new company, don't get me wrong, but they won me over so im proud to say im an "FI" nutcase. lol. for more info the designer of the re subwoofers owns fi. just for a reference...

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
i already have a box. for 2 12's sealed... yeah i knew that guy left re and went to built fi

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
which is more affordable to you? honestly it's your choice my friend. good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
the Q and the 9100's are out forsure. ive just gotta pick between the ssd and the 2500. on the ssd would i get dual 1ohm or dual 2ohm and would i want a flatwind coil?? i dont even know what a flatwind coil is???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
less air gap between the coil windings... "magnetically speaking". rumor or myth that it is also durable... hmmm... i'd stick to the fi woofers.(IMO)

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
agiht. ill jus have tosee.. which i can buy in oklahoma

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 86
do u live in OK chase?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
fi is only direct via the web site...

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6542
neither sub will let you down..

i own a DD2500 10" and it has AWESOME SQ...veryt clean and crisp...nothing like an SPL sub.
either way you will have a nice sub...hell, buy the Fi...DD has no problems selling subs...and we need to ge the word out on Fi to pay some bills!! hahahaha

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
aight man. two fi ssd's it is.

dual 1 or dual 2???

Flatwind Coil or not???

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma

Post Number: 282
bump/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
Flat wind, but call Scott to see if there are more coil options available!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us