JL 10w6v2 / JL 500/1 AMP

Bronze Member
Username: Flyboyy

Post Number: 13
hi, my installer changed my subs to 8ohms from 2ohms, this leads me to think that my subwoofer are weaker now ? the higher the ohm the weaker it is ? i have a BMW 530i my question is at what ohms is it the best power ? i dont want to drain the battery or anything but i want the speaker to do what is capable of which is pounding bass.

Username: Furburger

Post Number: 7
your fine, your speakers are the same they just have a different resistance voice coil, which gives you different wiring options. check this out

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

you can screw around with the voice coils and see how much resistance you have in the end.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4074
You should have that sub wired at 2 ohm so that you can take advantage of your JL 500/1 amp which puts out 500 watts rms from 1.5-4 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
for some reason the fuse was blowing from the amp I am not sure if its true or not, thats why he changed the speaker to 8ohms, should I tell him to change the speaker back to 2 ohms ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
one more question is, if I add 1 more jl 10w6v2 sub but with 2 ohms is it ok ? will the amp be able to adjust ? or do I have to have same ohms for both subs that will be connected to my amp ? its a JL 500/1 amp.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4076
If you add one more 10w6v2 you will have no problems. I whould recommend wiring the subs in series to get 4 ohm to give the amp less stress. Your options will be 4 ohm or 2 ohm. Either will work fine with this amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hey thanks for the opinions, I will change my subs to 2ohms and 4ohms and how different it sound,

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 485
you will want to wire the subs the same. The higher the ohms, ussualy gives you better SQ and a higher damping factor?? im not sure on that one but i heard that somwhere, but the lower the ohms the less resistance it has so it can handle more power...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us