What are the advantages of.....

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1562
what are the advantages of a head unit with 5 volts of preamp output? why is it better than 2

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1399
better signal. and normally the higher voltage hus are better build quality.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1344
^^^ First hand example why high post count doesn't neccisarily mean you know more... lol JK bro.

It's simple, the stronger the signal sent from the HU the less that amp has to work to amplify it. In a nutshell... lol

Good read:

http://www.bcae1.com/preoutv.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
the guys at RE say that i need a new head unit to power their amp, one with subwoofer outputs, and a higher voltage..

would you agree with this

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1502
that is a good read. i actually read almost all of bcae1.com today at school.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1564
the guys at RE say that i need a new head unit to power their amp, one with subwoofer outputs, and a higher voltage..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 528
damn....triple post there blaine...anyway, you dont HAVE to have a new HU to power the amp. it just like isaac said, the more power coming out of the HU the easier it is to amplify. So its really totaly up to you whether you think you should get a new HU or not

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11651
higher preout voltage has a lower noise floor (better SNR) and gives a cleaner signal at the amplifier input stage. It also yields a higher resolution signal, technically. "taller" sine wave means more room for subtle nuances in signal fluctuation (more detail)

what it won't do is make your system any louder.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1605
A higher voltage means almost nothing if the build quality isn't there. This falls under the pretence that a volt is a volt but in fact this is not true. If all in all is true and the quality is there, clean signal and all then what Glass says is true but I have seen POS head units with high pre outs but it sounded like crap due to the distortion. Try sticking with a well known brand or just ask others what they think.... Polo. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1567
my subs arnt really moving, and RE says a new head unit will solve that problem...i just dont wanna buy one and have no change

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6086
i have seen systems come alive after a new Hu was installed.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 959
Like this one.
Eclipse 55060 Competition level Head Unit. This is regarded as one of the best head units ever made. DOES NOT SUPPLY POWER TO SPEAKERS, REQUIRES AMPLIFIERS. Copper Chassis, Eclipse Security Network, 8V Output. This was installed for one audio competition, and then replaced in its box. Paid 1000, selling for $500 or best offer. Its a true SQ CD/Receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us