Amp stopped working, nothing changed..

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Post Number: 55
I have a Kenwood KAC-9152D

I've had it for about 10 months, its workt perfectly from day 1.

I have it wired to 4ohms, so it's stable...

I checked my ground, and my power connection, and even tried a new grounding spot. The fuses on the amp are not blown, nor is my battery-to-amp fuse. My remote wire is fine also, everything is fine, the amp doesnt turn on.

The only thing i haven't checkt is pulling the head unit out to see if my remote wire came undone or something... sigh... i dont even know.

Anything i missed? Im just about to return the amp, as its still under warranty, however, i don't want the same amp if its just going to do this again... I know kenwood isnt the best, but i think their amps are pretty true :/

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2448
i don't think they're pretty true hehe... they're questionable and kinda expensive for what they do, although they're CEA compliant.

check the remote, ground, 12V and for sure check your fuses again cuz i had the battery-to-amp fuse melted and i didn't see it for a long time, the sh1t looked allright but didn't want to get out.. so i added a 150A fuse and my system is bumping again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
none of the fuses r black and look broken, the battery-to-amp fuse looks new still...

sigh i dunno, im just pisst off. thsi was already a bad day and then my amp just stops working in the middle of a song. cooooooooooooool

Silver Member
Username: Kaos13

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 168
hey andrew pass a lil wire from the remote on the amp to the power 12volt to the amp it should turn on
also what fuses do you have the little cylinder ones?AGU or something like that? you cant realy tell when those blow i had like two of them that looked fine but when i put em in they dint work when and bought new ones and all is good:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
i dont get what ur saying about the little wire, go from my remote input on my amp, to my power input on my amp???????????

anyways the fuses on the amp are not the cylinder ones, they r the ones that look like car fuses, they are 30 amps each, and both look fine

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 951
Jump a wire from the amps power 12 volt feed, to the remote input on the amp. So that the power wire feeds bothe the amp + and the rem. This will tell you if its the amp or remote wire. Do you have a way to tell if 12 volts is present on the power feed wire? Common problem on the Kenwoods is power supply issues.

Upload

Bronze Member

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 58
i dont have a meter of some sort, no. :-(

Im away from home - in college, so i have access to like nothing, all i brought with me to college is my tool kit that i keep in my car.

Im trying to think what i did different, or what was different, and i get nothing :|

Marc - thanks, ill try that here in a minute; but aside from that, i dont understand how it oculd be a power feeding problem if its worked fine the way its set up for this long.

blahhh, ill bbl, gunna go out in the parking lot and mess with it some more :-(

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 953
"Common problem on the Kenwoods is power supply issues" Inside the amp.

http://www.fixya.com/support/p236288-kenwood_kac_9152d_car_audio_amplifier/solut ions

Bronze Member

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 59
wow that's weird, i went out there and did the wire 12volt to remote test, and the amp turned on, so i was like YEAH! so i just recut my remote and put the fresh cut into the input and now everything works fine...

thanks marc and david
<3 :P

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 955
Glad its working for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us