RE's???????

Bronze Member
Username: Avirex64

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 21
are these really that great? Ive heard alot about them but never really seen anyone with them or heard them. Do you think they are better than mtx or kicker?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1554
yes

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 24
where can you buy them from, i cant find no one out here who sells them and i didnt see too much on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 425
they dont sell direct anymore gotta find a dealer, and yes they will destroy kicker and mtx, although kicker is a very nice brand, i love there amps but there subs suck @ss, good for spl but not much else

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 426
they dont sell direct anymore gotta find a dealer, and yes they will destroy kicker and mtx, although kicker is a very nice brand, i love there amps but there subs arent very good, good for spl but not much else

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 427
double post, rethought the suck @ss comment lol

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 26
lol i got 2 mtx 15'' 8500's but I want something that will hit harder, you think I should go with RE's? I dont really know too much about them that is why I am asking, a few people told me they were better than mtx and kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 781
Depends on what your looking for.. SQ or SPL.. and what is your budget? Are you going to get a new amp or run that Hifonics?

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 28
I dont really have a budget, I just want something that will slap really hard. Yea i will get a new amp also

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1257
just go FI Audio as its RE without being RE and expensive dealer prices

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 790
Everyone has a budget.. trust me you'd realize that whenever someone on here started telling you to get some DD 99zs and Zapco amps.. Lol

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 429
cmon dude everyone has got a budget, unless you got 10-20k laying around to throw into killer system........

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 430
lol i tried to post this then watched some tv and it didnt post so i didnt see ur post lol, see u gotsa have a budget

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 33
i mean im not tryin to spend 10k on a super system but i have money to spend.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 637
well just ball park a number $5k $2K anything lol

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2301
2 FI Q 15's and 2 kicker sx1250.1 amps, that will be right around $1000 or a little over, and that will wipe the floor with mtx 8500's in spl and sq.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 34

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 35
$2k

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 649
dustin had good suggestions
dont forget a HO alt and the wiring and box and if you have the room get the 18's lol

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2302
ohh 2k, well in that case get 2 kx2500.1 and 2 FI BTL's that system will fukc sh1t up.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 434
what kinda car? and what u looking for? if u got the room im thinkin 2 btls ....... or 2 q's , fi and re are made by one of the same ppl plus they cost alot less, theyve been getting some good reviews

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 650
^^ with only 2K he wont have enough for electrical upgrades and amps probably for the BTLs

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 246
02g2pimpin..where u from in ohio

Gold Member

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2304
well go with the fi q's and kicker amps and spend the rest on electritcal sh1t, and sounddeading, and a nice HU and front stage.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 435
im from around..... wooster, thats a bigger town around, i live in sterling ( population less than 1000 lol) but about 45 min south of cleveland or 20-30 minutes sw of akron

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 40
If I did get a pair of btls what would I upgrade on them?????

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1248
represent the bay *VALLEJO*

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 42
hell yea, born n raised south vallejo. where u from

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1249
vallejo, benicia now tho =( haha

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 43
if i get 2 fi q18's what amp should I use?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 252
two nine.1's if you want reliable cheap power, well not really cheap but they are good though. If you want something that probaly is a stronger amp as in built strong wise, then Mmats or 1 z1 or 1 z2. Can't really think of any other amps. but Fi said kickers do good with their subs.

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 46
yea i heard kicker too, which ones you think and how should i run them?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 258
Not sure how you should run them, but its obvious you can either run them off its own amp or you can probaly look into the .5 dual ohm, i think they have that one not sure and can probaly end up wiring it to 1ohm I think. I need to learn that one equation but yeah. Someone can probaly come in and correct me. But if you do two dual .5 ohms and get a 1ohm load then you can probaly get just one amp to power both. I say do 2 amps just in case you do just one amp and it blows, with 2 amps you can still bump :-).

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 404
well if its dual .5 ohm coils... u can a pair of subs togethor off the amp at either a .5 or 2ohm load, if you dont want to run into many problems id go with running it a 2ohm.. sh!t starts cooking at those low ohm loads and u need a bigger power source..

Bronze Member

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 50
well the q18's come either (dual 1) 0.7 Ohms/coil or (dual 2) 1.4 ohms/coil which do you think is better? and how should I run them? does anyone have any suggestions in kicker amps I should use for a pair of these?

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 408
im not sure on waht those would handle but... (im not gunna say paralel or series cuz people always endup asking questions) connect each positive on one sub togethor and the same with the negative, same with the other sub.. so its a .7 ohm load on each.. then put them in there box..yadada then connect the negative from box to the positive on the other box... and with the last 2 terminals... hook up positive to positive and neg to neg. it shoul see a 1.4 ohm load... i dont think you will find a amp that wont give u problems if your running it at like a .35ohm load... lol what is the recommended or real rms of the sub? i been getting rusty on the subs they talk about here... i havnt looked aty the specs for one in a while.. lazy me lol.. if each sub will do 1000rms + run each at a .7ohm load on its own KX1200.1 that would be good for the job if you need more power go with a KX1600.1

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 220
What kinda Car is this going into? Cuz those Q18's need a really big box (6-10cu ft each sub).

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 707
berny lol you wouldnt need a Z1 or a Z2 the z1 does like 5000 watts and you need like a 17v charging system for the Z2 not to mention the Z1 is $1500 and they are very limited look into a RF T2000 or maybe a Kicker 2500.1 or Orion 2500 for the Q's the nine.1 would be good too

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 708
berny lol you wouldnt need a Z1 or a Z2 the z1 does like 5000 watts and you need like a 17v charging system for the Z2 not to mention the Z1 is $1500 and they are very limited look into a RF T2000 or maybe a Kicker 2500.1 or Orion 2500 for the Q's the nine.1 would be good too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us