Double Din HU plus A/V Receiver

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 216
I going to do a double din setup with the tv on top and a pioneer p960mp on the bottom. The 960mp is going to be my primary source, but what I was wondering was, if I was to play a music cd from my a/v but connected the sounds out to the primary source the 960mp, will the 960mp act as a better eq or so and give me better sound. If your confused just say so, so I can reword it. Any can someone recommend me a good a/v unit? I was thinking about the pioneer avic/n2 but wasn't sure or maybe the pioneer 5700. Just for movies and such.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4784
Go for it.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 512
bernyMAC.. the AVX-P8DVD is intended to add the 6.5"touch panel monitor/dvd player to the P-bus units.

Research it, it plugs into the 960mp and can control the 960mp with it's on screen touch panel controls :-)

It goes for about 500 on ebay shipped, a little less if you bid rather than buy it now.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 240
hmm, looks good, but will I be able to play movies for my passengers while playing music for myself? I don't want them to work together to the point where I won't be able to watch a movie and play music at the same time. My passengers will probaly or most likely have headphones on. and when did this a/v unit come out, the GUI looks old. (Graphic user interface).

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 527
Yes, it is dual zone capable :-)

It came out when the 860/960 came out. It's the newest one available, in fact the only one available, with the features it has. It's not old at all.

Keep in mind, if it were more than a couple years old they wouldn't be retailing them, or selling them in mass quanities on ebay.

Silver Member

MN United States

Post Number: 528
Oh, and the AVX-P8DVD has it's own dvd player built in, this is where you would put the video, and the 960 has the cd drive where you would be listening to the music while the dvd is playing. The 960/8dvd combo together are dual-zone capable meaning that they can do a seperate function simultanously.

Also keep in mind that the AV units you listed above are intended to be the entire source for audio/video in a vehicle and there would be no need for the 960 with them. They don't offer the SQ of the 960, and pioneer knows that, which is why they offer the avx-p8dvd to add on to ANY P-Bus head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us