IDEA

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 184
Is it easy for someone to hook up an amp when he has no clue on what he is doing? I have an amp already installed in my car so basically itll be jus switching wires? Or do you guys recommend professional installtion.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 504
if they are the same type of amp and powering the same thing then just switch the wires

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9082
here is the very good idea

check out www.bcae1.com & www.the12volt.com...

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 187
My amp is a sony xplod the one im switching to is a kicker kx12001.1

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 188
That site has some interesting stuff. The amp will come with directions that should be simple enough to install, right? Or atleast i hope so lol.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 463
Better to research and learn how to install than pay someone else to paw up your ride. Besides, you never know what they'll do right or wrong until they're done :-)

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 190
yeah i def think im going to try and handle this myself, it cant be too hard. Only thing im lil worried about is that stupid bass knob but im jus not gonna put it in. And im not sure what to set my gain to because i dont have my premier until next saturday so ill jus guess where to put it. ill set it low to be safe. Is that the only setting ill have to worry about on the KX or are there other settings n stuff. Thanks

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 192
just looked at my sony amp and it has a filter and a level knob, would my kicker have that and if it does, is there any normal setting it should be on or does it revolve around something else like the gain has something to do with the Head Unit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us