When getting metered what eq settings to use.

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 66
I'm curious about this but when you go to get your system metered are there certain EQ settings that would give you a higher db # ? Like bass boost , loudness , etc

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5937
BB(too much anyway) and Loudness(especially on Pioneer HU's) KILL....your subs.....D E A D.:-)

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 571
but wouldnt BB and loudness still make it hit higher #???? Eventho it may hurt the subs

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5938
yes, and that mentality, minus knowing it will hurt them....is what most people have. lol no offense to the op.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 706
The only thing different I run at comps is changing my filters.. I turn my low pass all the way down and my highpass all the way up.. bass boost on 0 gain matched to h/u.. that is the amp part now for the h/u I run 0 bass and change the filter from 50hz to 'through'

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2443
actually i heard something ont he dd forum not 10% sure if its true but ill say it anyways they said that if u up bb it wont make it any louder but it will seem louder like a audibe diffrence but on a meter n it will be the same

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3333
I set my LPF to ~80hz, HU to flat, and 0dB bass boost.

Put Tthe CD on the track w/ the frequency i'm gonna burp w/ and pause the HU...set the volume to 45 out of 62. Just unpause when you are ready to burp.

AND ABOVE ALL >>>>>SET YOUR GAINS CORRECTLY<<<<<

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5538
no bass boost.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us