Possible new toys... suggestions/input

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 600
Heyy fellas, havent been on here in a while but my birthday is commin up and im thinkn of gettin some new toys.

I have an '05 RE XXX hooked up to a orion 1200D.... i love it, sounds awesome, gets reaaaal loud n low, but i want more now. another '05 RE XXX would make life easier, but i cant get a hold of one and i think i wanna try somethin new.

so i was thinkn i want 2 15's, possibly2-4 12's though. i want crazy stupid loud when i want it to loud, but i also want it to sound real good.

i was lookin into....
Digital Designs 2500,3500, 9100/9500/9900 (don't know much about them or prices)
FI Q (dont know much but heard good things)
SI Mag
AA Havoc

any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 601
* forgot to add Treo in there

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1732
what's your budget? personally i would go for 4 3512's, that would be my dream system. as far as dd prices go i know the 2512 is $191, 3512 is $365 and the 9512 is $583.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 604
hmmm well id like to keep it round 7-900 but thats only an ish number cuz id either have to get another Orion 1200D amp, or sell that and get two new amps.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1733
get two havocs.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 605
how do they rate up next to the avalanche, i thought the Havocs were sposed to be insane, but i never heard much hype bout them

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1734
never heard an avalanche but i've finally heard a havoc awhile back and it got really loud and still had nice sq.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2290
the aresanl is equal to the ava, and the havoc destroys the arsenal in spl, i'd bet that 2 15's in a good install could do 150+db.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5948
i know this may be OT, but you wouldn't happen to have any pics of that 05 XXX laying around would you? of like sub and motor structure??:-):-):-):-)

also...since you are getting new subs....would oyu like to offer a good price to our fellow ecoustics citizens on that 05 XXX you will be getting rid of?:-) lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2450
ya ill just say it now dont get the dd's unless you have the money to pay for them and some more power for them you would need atleast 2krms for the 9500's your 1200 might work on a 2500 if its clean power or you could go on the lower side of a 3500 but still id go with something else if u dont have alot to spend grab a aa havoc not many people have them and there suppose to be amazing

Gold Member

Post Number: 5950
they cost more than the 3500's but do not require as much power.

so there is a trade off with either one.

i think you should try the Havocs man:-)

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 606
image/bmpUpload
RE.bmp (42.0 k)

theres one of the sub in my box sorry thats all i got right now muddy lol

charlie, hmmm well its clean power. i have a 200A ho alt, a batcap, and big wires, as far as the money part, i can get the money, i just dont wanna drop like 2 G's and get good, when i could drop like 1 G or 1500 and get almost as good, know what i mean

how would a SI Mag rate up next to a Havoc?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5954
the Havoc is more of an SPL sub...and the Mag is more of an SQL sub...Chauncey says that an Incriminator Audio Death Penalty was louder than a Mag he heard....i know that is apples and oranges, but still a comparison.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 607
hmmmm well how do Havoc and the Death penalty sound, like are they musical subs wit decent SQ? i thought the DP's were an spl sub, wit not much SQ, but im not quite sure

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 608
bump

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 420
i think the dd 95 and 99 series are great subs but proboly not in your price range. You should look into two Fi BTLs that would be sick for sql.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1118
hmmm, that xxx looks awful pretty, im a buyer if your selling

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 596
no one mentioned the Audioque HD3 its built like the 9500 (in the same build house and the owners of the 2 comapnies are father and son) it will handle 3k watts in a daily install and its half the price of 9500

www.audioque.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us