Did i fry my amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Jryan781

Post Number: 17
i was driving home today with the music up loud and my Pyramid PB1281X 1600 watt amp shut off....its happened before because it gets too hot in the trunk from time to time, but usually i can just turn the car of then wait a couple seconds, turn the car back on and the amp turns back on....but not today. when i got home i even left my trunk open for 3 hours in hope that air moving around the amp would cool it down, then started up the stereo and still nothing....the protection light doesnt come on neither does the light on my remote bass boost under my dash. i checked the fuse on the power wire goin to the amp and it seems to be fine and the fuse on the amp looks good too. i have had this amp and the same subs for over 2 years and never had any problems with the amp turning off for this long. does anyone know if my amp died??? and if you have any other troubleshooting tips i'd love to hear them...

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 100
the same thing happened to a friend of mine,, the fuse on the power wire may look fine but it can still be bad.

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 215
i would check your ground/power wire make sure there are no breaks in the lines and check the rca's in the back of the deck make sure there not fried or any thing like that

Bronze Member
Username: Jryan781

Post Number: 18
Alan, what would the rca's have to do with the amp not turning on?

Silver Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 101
check the remote,ground and power,

Silver Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 216
hey justin i was just trying to help out so if i was wrong with that i thank you for pointing it out but like i said i was trying to help

Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 10
Your quickest fix would be to get a cheap multi-meter. That way you can actually check your voltages. From there you can quickly narrow your problem down. I will be glad to help you from there also.

Jason
www.audiotekx.com

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2809
amp is not getting power it sounds like, get a cheap test light and test right behind fuse at battery and at the amp, on the remote with the radio on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us