Box position for 2 12" Kicker L7's

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 296
What is the best way to put my box in my trunk so i get the most spl i can possibly get out of my 2 12" kicker L7's, is it like do u gotta put it on an angle or sumthing or how is it. cuz sumdays i move it around and it sounds erally really loud and other days it doesnt seem as loud so im tryin to get ur opionons for the most spl

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 898
If you plan to use a rear firing setup in a trunk car, make sure your box doesn't seal off the trunk from the passenger compartment. You need to leave some space for the waves to pass back into the interior of the car. Either make the box as low as possible so the wave passes over the box and enters the cabin via the seatback and rear deck, or reduce the width of the box so the wave can pass to the side and into the car's interior. A big, giant box may make your trunk extremely loud, but all you'll hear is muffled rattle if the box takes up the whole space behind the rear seat and under the rear deck.

If you have a hatchback car, keep the box as far back in the vehicle as possible. Keep the port as far to the rear as possible.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 297
i have a 2002 impala so i have pretty big trunk space i just wanna know what would have louder spl if i push the box as far as possible or bring it up as close as possible, i even tried angles but i just want good opinons on what u's do

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 298
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
its should be the loudest positioned like this...Upload

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 299
so pretty much just normal i cant tell if that box is pushed back as far as possible or is it pulled closer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 903
it should be like a foot away from the back seat, so sound waves can get into the cabin....

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 300
so pretty much just leave space on the sides of the box so waves can get through
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us