What kind of sub mounting screws do you use??

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 151
?????

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 313
wood screws, sometimes I'll use a square-head tip.

occasionaly I use undersized bolts, which is my plan when I get my new box for my 15"s

Anyways, wood screws work great.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5390
t-bolt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
i figured wood screws but i wasnt sure if i should use self tapping wood screws, or drill holes and just use deck screws, or what.....so would you recommend using the same screws that you use to put your box together???like 1 5/8 deck scews? the wood on the front of my box is 1.5 " thick so thew would work length wise

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
t bolt?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5391
i don't know what they are called exactly. i am trying to find a pic on the internet to show you.

its a bolt and a locking nut. you drill the hole big enough for the bolt to pass through then you hammer the nut on the other side of that hole.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 222
I use what is called a T nut...thats what they are called....u drill a hole then stick this thing one the backside then I just used bolts to hold it down...its bassically a nut with some things on the front so that it can hold into the wood. here is a pic of it.

Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5393
yeah thats what i was talking about.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
where can i buy these?
i can see how these t nuts would be better than just wood screws, but do you think its really necessary? atleast for me? im installing 12 AA arsenals

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5399
you can get those at home depot. thats where i bought mine.

i don't know if its necessary but i like to use them cause i know it guarantees a tight mount.

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 223
I would say get them....u can get them at any hardware store....they are good becuase you get a good seal and if you have to take the sub for any reason you dont have to worry about messing up the mdf.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
ok i will get them, do you use anything besides the tnuts and the bolt, like washers or anything?

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 224
No nothing but the t nut and then a bolt

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1321
ya those work perfect.

its cool, cause you can take sub in and out as many times as you want, and not harm the mdf itself. its worht it.

just make sure u get the right screws, with the right thread. like course screw and course tnut.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1322
i meant bolts on those last sentences

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1303
screws hold just fine.. the problem is when u start takin screws out and putting them back in it wears the thread that the screw has cut into the wood and eventually it wont hold

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1713
That is very talented peeps, ill start usin those also so i dont make my holes round from taking off and putting on my sub so many times..... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
did it earlier today, worked very well, thanks guys, ive learned alot on here, but im still learning :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us