OT- onstar???

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 390
well im getting my moms trailblazer, and im getting ready to start buying some installation stuff, im bout to buy a harness and hu mount, but was wondering if there is anything special id need to get to hook the onstar into my aftermarket HU???

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1452
The onstar is a stand alone unit and only uses the HU's mute function. I yamked mine out of my GTP the first week I found out what they were able to do! They can listen to your conversations you know, that is a fact... Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1453
Hey I have a unit if your interested, but no harness...Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 105
lol you know you aint suppose to be near your vehical when the unlock your doors for you.. they told my friend when he called it can kill you lol he was sitting on the car when they unlocked it lol

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 698
thats pretty dumb

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 392
sooooo do u need a sepcial harness or something? i wont ever use it but itd be nice to have just in case.... and wahat about steering wheel controls? any special thing i need for those?

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 393
cmon bump u stuiped thread : )

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1459
The Harness in incorporated into the factory harness and cannot be done by a noob. In all honesty, get off the idea and put the money/thought into a high otput alt and sh!t for the new vehicle. Onstar requires a monthly service and funny thing is, it is nothing like bumpin to your favorite sh!t and all of a sudden you are bumpin to a telemarket call, all automatically, lmfao/// Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 113
The OS harness is not integrated into the radio's harness, it is a seperate plug which usually contains only a few wires, depending upon the vehicle.

From American International
OS, Bose (excect Y91 systems), Chime
NC-GM39B
http://www.aius.net

PAC
OS, Chime Only
OS2 + CM1

OS, Chime, Bose (including Y91 systems)
OS2BOSE + CM1

The NC-GM39B can pass up to 80 watts through it, if you use the PAC piece or if you intend to run more than that for your amps you will need to grab a cell phone kit's speaker (or something similar) to handle the OS audio/Chime.

Steering Wheel Controls: Depending on your aftermarket dech choice, but all from PAC:

SWI-X: Requires you to mount an IR eye, Requires a remote control capable deck.
SWI-PS/ALP/ETC: Directly plugs into the back of a wired remore ready Sony, Pioneer, Alpine, etc...

I would (of course) recommend professional install, as programming the SWI will prove extremely difficult for a novice, and Chime/OS integration, while not impossible for a DIYer, is a challenge.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 394
so basically f*** onstar and steering wheel controls? LOL

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 116
Basically. Get yourself a (Metra) GM-RC01 to maintain the chime and databus features. That's an install that a DIYer can definetly tackle.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1462
"The OS harness is not integrated into the radio's harness, it is a seperate plug which usually contains only a few wires, depending upon the vehicle"

Never said it was incorporated into the radio harness but it is incorporated into the vehicles rear harness and for him to install one himself is sure suicide. I own two vehicles with it in there and I am telling you, it has direct connection to your ECM also, the fking thing knows all engine feedback, not to mention it can shut your vehicle down when commanded to. This is just a way for the government to controll sh!t in the future. If you want to steering wheel controls then get a PAC, I have one on my GTP works great. To add Onstar to a vehicle which has never had it is a great ordeal and quite expensive. Polo..

PS- For the people who have it and no longer want it in there vehicle, just go up to the b!tch and unplug it! I called the dealer and they said it would fck up your car if you did so I called Onstar and they basically told me they do not recommend it then I called there technical line and the guy slipped to say "I can't tell you what to do but if need be unplug it", then he tried to take it back then I hung up on him, lol. I unoplugged mine and never put it back. My wife refuses to get rid of hers so I don't drive that vehicle. Even if you don't have the service contract yu can still get unexpected sales calls and they still retain full control of your systems upon law enforement request...FCK THEM! :-O

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 397
well i truthfully hate dealing with wiring hu's, i know its cake but i just dont like f*cking with all the wires, so is there a plug into the back of the stock HU for the onstar? i guess i dont care bout the onstar. but is there anyting i need to do sepiaclly? and hey polo u have a link for ur steering wheel thing? is it just plug n play? or do u have to take apart the steering wheel?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us