W6

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 111
alrite im going back and forth between 2 12" w6s and not upgrading my stock speakers or 1 12" w6 and getting better speakers. i would rather have 2 12" w6s but i dont have enough money to upgrade the speakers if i do get 2, but i will have enough to upgrade them if i get one. but anyway, for 1 w6 i want to use the 500/1 jl amp but i wanna save some money on a cheaper amp.
so my question, would this amp be legit to use for 1 w6? it says it gives 500wrms at 4 ohm
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2649&a ff=45847
thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8793
do it right the first time...i wouldnt mess with that

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 638
no kenwood

Silver Member

Post Number: 639
i take it you want sound quality, if so i would get one w6 and upgrade the speakers cuz thats plenty of bass as is but some nice speakers would sound better with the w6. obviously 2 w6's will get louder if you were planning 2 500/1 on them. but the are sq woofers so they will sound great eitherway

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
o ya

yankees suck

sorry

i had to

Silver Member
Username: Bobimpact

Danbury, CT US

Post Number: 105
I run 1 10W6 on a 500/1 in a Scion tC and it sounds so lovely. (TM Patrice O'Neill) Go with a solo sub unless you really want the extra output. In either case, don't run that amp on that sub, you'll make it wonder what it did to deserve clipping and square waves.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6497
^lolol:-) go with 1 12w6 in a ported enclosure with a 500/1 and upgrade your mid's and high's aswell.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5231
^^^^^^that would be awesome. a single w6 can get loud enough. i've heard a single w6 setup and you can still get some street pounding bass.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 120
alrite yea, im getting one w6 and a phoenix gold 600/1 amp for it, now i just gotta look into my speakers.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1447
you need speakers more than you need subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
whats your budget for speakers and what sizes do u need

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 121
i want a good pair of 5 1/4 components for the front and an amp for them, and a set of decent 6 1/2 coax for the rear which ill power off my headunit.
all suggestions are welcome. and i appreciate them.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 122
budget of $150 for front, $100 for rear, and the amp, hopefully not much more. i know its not much but its what i got. the budget isnt set and strict on that, just around there, theres some flexiblitly. and ebay is fine to use for me.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 124
alrite, these speakers any good?
im not looking for any thing that is unbelievable, just something that will sound better than my stock speakers.

front comp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15029

rear coax
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17167

amp for front
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12977

and power the rear coax off the headunit

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
well if i was you i would just get a simple midbass for the rear mabe the ascedent audio 6.5 poly's and for the front a set of jl xr components as for an amp idk i would suggest runnin them all off and amp since there rms is about the same but with that sub and them speaker you should sound great.

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 298
I know a guy who's got 1 12w6 in a infinity suv and he's giving it this amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=599

unbelievable sq and it stays clean n gets hellish loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
for an amp the jl 300/4 would be perfect but im sure you find other brands for cheaper, but what i have suggested is what i would do in my own vehicle if i had the cash

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
that amp is better then the phoenix gold and about the same or better then the jl

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 300
Zapco makes top of the line amps and are hardly ever mentioned on this forum.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 125
yea joseph, i would probably go with what you said but like you said, "if i had the cash." im in the same boat there, the main reason i liked the setup i just said is because i can get all that off ebay for around $250 shipped from ebay.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 126
audioque, i have heard from many people on this forum that say zapco makes great amps but i think ima go with the pg xenon 600.1. thanks tho for the suggestion.

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 302
No problem, I have very little experience with the pg amps so I couldn't really comment on them. What ever you choose I hope it works out for you.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5282
no doubt zapco makes one of the best amps around. its just not mentioned too much here cause people are always asking for budget amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
idk i think the set up i names would kick a*s

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 127
the setup you named would kick a**, its just i dont have that much money. i would rather have the stuff you named over the stuff i named, money is the only thing keeping me from it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
i kept it about the budget you named

Silver Member

Post Number: 675
them poly's only go for 35 each, just the amp i named would be a bit pricy but u could find somthin that will work as good for less just ask around

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 306
Yea it was tight, nothing against JL but I think he could pick up alot better sub then what he is getting. Is it w6v2 or no? If not it's not even worth it. I think the DD 2500 series would be a better pick IMO, then throw those AA components up front, amp them and you're set for life. Haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
AA component huh

and if he wants sq the the w6 all the way, and he is talking about the w6v2

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 128
yea those speakers look good joseph, but yea the amp is the only thing. i mite look around for a different amp but the speakers look good. my bad about not looking into that too deep. but thanks tho. i very well mite go with the setup you said minus the amp if i can find a differnt one.

and yea it is a 12" w6v2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
and nuttin against DD because i like them to but i would choose a w6v2 over a DD 2500 anyday hands down

thats just me thogh

Silver Member

FL.

Post Number: 308
Yea, go with the v2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
make sure u amplify all the speakers not just the front

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 130
alrite, do u have any suggestions on the amp, besides the 300/4 jl amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
mabe the eclipse ea4000. nobody here really ever talks about them. but i have a few friends with eclipse amps and the sound awsome and hold up fine but anyways that amp is under 200 on ebay

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 131
alrite, ill look into that amp. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
i cant think of any others right now

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6505
http://cgi.ebay.com/Precision-Power-PPI-PCX-480-PCX480-Good-Clean-Sound_W0QQitem Z260026250910QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thats a very nice amp:-) I run it in my truck on my a/d/s components and my JL coax's. I also have a 12w6v2 in a ported enclosure and absolutely love it:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 683
theres one but the bidding might get up there

the eclipse aint to bad make a seperate thread and say the speakers u want and tell um u need amp suggestions

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 132
alrite ill do that joseph, thanks for all the help

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6509
it wont go over $200 or so
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums