Speaker recommendation for 4door 97 geo tracker 4x4

Hello.

I'm thinking about upgrading the system in a stock Geo Tracker 4door 4x4. The head unit has been replaced with a sony cd reciever but i'd like to replaced the 4 speakers. I will eventually want to add and amp and sub but as cargo space is at a premium in the rear, i'd like to be able to remove the sub for trips to the grocery store.

my basic question is what is the largest size speaker that I can fit into the REAR cargo area with minemal modification? remember, i'm talking about the 4door tracker, rear speakers are in the rear left and right cargo area behind the backseat. Most sites only list 5 1/4 speakers as being the only fit, but there is a bit of space and was wondering whether infinity 60002i might fit in the area while giving me a bit more bass response when the sub is out. Will the area be deep enough to accomodate the infinitys? Any input from someone with experience doing installs on this type of vehicle would be greatly appreciated. any other suggestions for decent bass response from 5 1/4 speaker manufacturer would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us