Protect Light Problem

Username: Apu318

Post Number: 6
Hey everyone, I got my friend's system set up but I have a big problem now. His MA Audio HK2000D and subs were working for a bit, but we turned up the volume on his deck and the subs went out and could not get them back on. When I change audio sources on the deck or power on the car the power light on the gain control comes on and then fades out, meanwhile the power light on the amp is on, but the protect light is on. I checked the manual and it said the amp was overheating but we left it with the AC on for a couple hours and then waited some more so it was completely cooled off, but the Protect light still comes on.

I've also tried reconnecting all the power connectors, checked fuses, cut all power to the amp for hours and taken out the fuses. I noticed that when I got it, the amp had four 30 amp fuses in it when the specs for the amp say 40 amp fuses. That a big deal? None of them have blown.

Any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4564
Read this: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/258596.html

Tell me if that helps.

Post Number: 7
Thanks Jexx, I'll do that. I suspect a transistor failed because no matter what the volume is now it still wont come on. Should I fiddle with the subsonic filter and crossover and stuff like that? I havent had time to touch it and maybe its making the amp work too hard.

BTW, my friends car is a 1998 Malibu LS. Alternator too weak?

Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 7
It sounds like you may have an amp problem. If you are comfortable doing so, take the cover off and look for any signs of damage. Most times the FET's are visable damaged, but not always.

Jason
www.audiotekx.com

Post Number: 8
Wont this void my warrenty though?

Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 8
Yes, if you have a warranty on the unit then just get it taken care of that way.

I was thinking that you didn't have a warranty.

Sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us