Infinity Kappa's 5x7 componets

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 156
hey everyone i posted this in the speaker forum butno one replyed i was wondering if yall could help me>>> i have 4 infinity kappa component speakers. and the front 2 stopped working one day. so i took it to circuit city where they were installed and the guy told me that i fried the tweater. but the mid stil worked. he said they clicked his meter at 8ohms on one and 4 ohms on anther. and they are 2 ohm speakers. hooked to an alpine v-power 4-chanell 50x4 rms amp. so ther is no way that amp could have blown them is it. but the thing is that the rear ones work still. granted taht the gain on the front was a lil higher. i was unware of this thinking that one gain for one amp i was wrong. but my friend that works at best buy said they would have to have been hooked up wrong. cause taht speaker is 100watts rms. at 2 ohms. so im taking to another circuit city for them to pay for it. cause i didnt buy them thr i bought them from the friend that works at BB. but what do you all think caused this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 158
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us