Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4816
kicker kx2500

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 26
ya but thats a mono amp i need a 2 chanel or should i run 2 amps i dont know much about wich amps r god i have herd that kikcer, rockford, mtx, and others were good amps but those r like 600 doller amps whayt could i get for like 320 for a good amp

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 593
you should be running a mono amp for subs anyway.

you can wire them to a mono amp it just means it has one channel you dont have stero bass anyway

Bronze Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 24
you can run them both on a mono amp, just run them both off the 1 channel...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1975
www.wickedcases.com

hit the link amp classes

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 27
so i prety much connect both speaker wires together and put it on the 1 chanel when i get a mono amp but can it mess it up or anything and will it sound rite ... the 2500 kicker will push them both ?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4830
you won't mess it up. i prefer connecting multiple subs to one amp.

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 29
ya but 2 of those is that possible info i dont know much will it work if i hooked up 2 of those and that amp or is there any other amp that is cheaper but just as good cuz that pretty expensive.. i know if u want good stuff its gonna cost some money but theres gotta be a cheaper 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
maybe a hifonics amp, i think you can ebay a 2000 watt brutus for around 350... not much cheaper than that for good amps that ive seen, and if they were mine i wouldnt put less than maybe 1800 to them...

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 30
so how much ppower should i put to 2 of them ya that amp is 320 and 2000 watts would that even push both of them subs to make them loud cuz i think those subs r 2000 watts a piece but no i wouldnt push them that hard but i need to know if i should get 1 anp or 2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
you dont have to have 2 amps, 1 will work, but you can get one per sub... but i think the 2000 watt brutus would power them pretty good... if you wanted more power you could get another one and maybe run them at a lower impedence, or run them full blast... whatever... i would try 1 amp for a while...

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 31
yea then thats what i will prolly try but its gonna be hard to get one cuz theres only lke3 aidio places from around were i live and i might have to have them order it but yea i will try 1 amp i hop it sounds loud but i just didnt think 2000watts would be loud with 2 of them but is that amp the true power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
its pretty close, i hear they are slightly underrated, the 06 ones are more accurate... you dont think it will be loud?! yeah dude, it will be way loud with just 2000 watts if you got em in a good box, 3000 watts would be awesome though...

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 35
yeah what if i had them in a slot box would it be loud and not sound like sh..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
thats what i would do... and it wont sound bad if its done good...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1987
first of all he's going to need 2 amps or one big 2 ohm stable amp... the cheapest amp he can afford is lanzar optidrive 2000d cuz is 0.5 ohm stable... his subs can be wired to 0.5 ohm and will put 1950-2000w rms.

If you're going for the 2 amps way you should get 2 1 ohm stable amps... such as hifonics 1206d or many others...

do you have a HO alt?? batteries,big 3??

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 40
i have the battery but not a alt yet but witch way would be the best way to go cuz i dont know how to wire them to a half ohm like that so if u could show me it would be cool but should i get the 2 amps or the lanzar?

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 41
so juliob the lanzar sais 2000 watts max at 1.3 ohm and 4000 wats bridged into 2 ohms .... and the hifonics is 1 ohm at 1200 watt so how would i wire either of those and i herd lanzar was junk but that was only 1 person so info witch would be better

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 55
and this uy showed me how to wire the 12s sx into a .5 ohm load so then what amp would i use

Gold Member

Post Number: 1994
1 x 700 @ 4 ohms rms
1 x 1100 @ 2 ohms rms
1 x 1600 @ 1 ohm rms
1 x 2000 @ ½ ohm rms

those are the numbers... the amp is half ohm stable... lanzar is kinda junk but their opti line is great... if you want to buy to amps (more expensive) then you should get 2 1 ohm stable amp

optidriven can tell you what the 2000d can do with those subs

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 58
how can it tell me what it can do ... so that amp will power tem both with the .5 ohm ...GOOD i will prolly get that amp then

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 60
ya the only lanzar i found like that was one that said 2000 watts with 1.3 ohms and 4000 watts bridged so it didnt say n e thing aabout a .5 ohm load so idk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us