Most Expensive...?

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 324
Just wondering what is the MOST EXPENSIVE sub, amp, speakers and head unit everyone has heard of? Not planning on getting anything, but it would be fun to find out. Also, what makes them so expensive? Let's see some stuff nobody can afford just to piss people off!! Haha.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1792
amp the new rockford that its 15k rms,
sub i think the jackhammer or the rare dd 99z
speakers the raibow components

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1801
head unit???
its a denon i think that the best sounding head unit in car audio with the alpine f#1 status and the clarion i forgot the model but yeah the denon its more expensive and cleaner

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4208
Mostly the reason you'll see overly expensive audio equipment is due to the materials used. The Alpine F#1 status and other high end units use a lot of hard to find elements including gold and silver, plus the effort of the quality of construction also adds to the price.

Heck, I've seen a pair of $950 tweeters made out of pure Beryllium, and honestly, the sound difference is hardly noticeable between beryllium tweeters and say, aluminum tweeters.

SPL is a different story, you're then talking about megawatt amps and massively expensive charging systems like this in Team Gates' Bronco:
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11567
head unit: Alpine F#1status (outstanding. I own their 7990 and PX-H900 digital processor. together, about 5 grand)
components, rainbow's reference CS630.30 passive system. ten grand retail.
Amplifiers? ehh, maybe Zapco C2K or McIntosh
easily 4 figures each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us