Viper 800hf wont learn new remote

Username: Crux

Post Number: 1
hello all.

I have a viper ultra 800hf (fcc id EZSDEI381) on a used vehicle i purchased. It had one replacement remote (V60 fcc id EZSDEI475) with the system but the previous owner said it stopped working some time back.

At first glance, I just thought the remote battery was near dead, as the led light was very weak when any buttons were pushed. I replaced the battery which brightened the led considerably, however I cant find any programming instructions for the 800hf. All im able to find is the 800ESP, which is simular, but where the 800ESP has a menu with 12 choices, the 800HF sounds the short chirp that signals the end of the learn mode after the eleventh press of the valet switch (so, 9 menu items)

Everything seems to be working on the brain side (the doors lock with the key on and unlock when off, learning chirps when valet is pressed and held, also the alarm is set to passively arm 30 seconds after key off and door closed-its always a race to get the ignition on and valet pressed before it starts blaring, haha) but I cant for the life of me get the system to recognize the remote. Could it just be a bad remote?

I thought mabye the system had its four remotes learned and wasnt taking another remote to program, but I cant find the installation/programming guide for the 800hf to tell me how to remove all learned remotes (I've tried menu 9, just following the pattern from the other viper models usually the last menu item is the delete all command) but I still get no response from the system when I get into menu 1 and press I on the remote.

Any suggestions? Also does anyone have the 800hf guide?

Thanks!

Username: Chefmyles

Post Number: 1
hi there,

I've looked all over everywhere and I can't find the wiring diagram for my 2006 Ford Taurus! If you could give me one that would be great! I just bought a new cd player and the harness will not fit, so it's not going to be that easy.

I tried doing it myself and when I wrote down the colors of my rear speaker wires and went to look at the front, the same colors weren't even there... Not sure why that is but I really need the wiring diagram.

Thanks

Username: Nuugen

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 6
On the 800hf:
Open the driver's door(the alarm must see a door trigger open)..Turn on the ignition..Press the valet buton once, let go, then press and hold...You will get a siren chirp, continue holding the valet button, then press button 1 on the remote, you should get another chirp, the button is programmed...Let go of the valet, then press it again/release, press and hold, wait for the chirp, then press button two, you should get a chirp...Do this for all four buttons, and don't let the time between button presses go over 15 seconds or it will exit programming...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us