Buying an amp

Bronze Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 73
I am looking for an amp that puts out 800 watts rms at 2 ohms. I am looking for a realitivly cheap amp someone please suggest an amp or if u know neone that is selling one.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 289
Hifonics BXi 1606D

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
Kicker zx750.1 would be better but cost a little more

Username: Sonyxplode

Post Number: 1
get a sony amp there better than both of them

Bronze Member
Username: 98auroradkm

Post Number: 35
1606 puts out 1100 at 2 ohms

Silver Member

Post Number: 291
its overrated though it puts out about 900

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
would the Hifonics BXi 1606D be ok for a 15" rl-p??

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1313
get a sony amp there better than both of them

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
bump

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 193
If you have a $250 budget I got a great amp for you. Let me know if you can afford that.

Bronze Member
Username: 98auroradkm

Post Number: 39
you would be better off getting the hifonics 1206, 900@ 2 ohm. 225 off ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
I might be able to afford 250. What kind of amp is it. BTW this amp is going to be pushing a 15 SS Rl-P (if i win the auction)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 219
OHHHH...Well you would be fine with anywhere between 500-800rms then. I wouldn't run a RL-p at much higher than that for daily driving.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 220
And Polo...

Everytime I view this thread that guy scares the Shi* out of me. HAHA...Real glad you posted it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
so then what amp would you recommend for me? Do you think that the sub will get real loud in a ported box??

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 222
The Rl-p has a good amount of output. The good thing about the RL-p is that it is a decent overall SQL driver. Also, how much are you getting it for, and what are your goals from your subwoofer? There may be better choices, but of course the RL-p you would be very happy with, if you got it at a good deal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
its on ebay right now....I have the highest bid at like 145 and its 42 to ship it....I am just looking to get something that gets loud but also does sound like as$. I am more a fan of the deep bass that you can feel.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
its on ebay right now....I have the highest bid at like 145 and its 42 to ship it....I am just looking to get something that gets loud but also sounds good. I am more a fan of the deep bass that you can feel.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 224
I wouldn't do it. First off it costs about $20 to ship a rl-p fully insured. They sell new for around $220 each I thought new.

The Stereo Integiryt BM series is coming out this weekend. I would just pick up one of those for around $250 brand new, and from what I have heard, it is going to be even better than the rl-p.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
really....on the site it says for a single 15 it is 279$ That other sub ur talking about the stereo integrity do you have a link for that or nething. I have never heard of it. how much power can it handle?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 228
Oh I wasn't sure if it was a 12 or a 15. My bad on that.

Go to www.StereoIntegrity.com. The BM's it just says coming soon on the site, but I am expecting to see specs and to see them available within the next week. They are rated right around the same as the RL-p's but I know the owner of SI, was giving one 1000rms daily and it was really taking it well. But from my expieriance with the Mag subs, I would say that 500rms would be perfect for them, since they are so efficient.

So I would look into getting a brand new sub from them before you jump at a rl-p that costs $42 to ship haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
I looked at that site and it only said 10 and 12s comming soon. The only thing that got me aboue the rl-p was that I have heard so much good things about it. I started out wanting a 12" arsenal but i was told the rl-p is just an all around better sub and I looked on ebay and saw this one. I know the shipping is rediculous but even with the shipping its almost 100$ less than one new. I have had systems before and right now I actually have 2 12" audiopipes (i know not very good) but I want somethign that is going to be LOUD. Ive messed around enough w/ systems and want this one to be the one thats gonna stay w/ me for a while. I am just trying to get something thats gonna be loud. and a I am planning on throwing around 800 watts at w/e i get because I dont think 500 will be loud enough for me.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 233
First of all.

I have heard TONS of 500rms subs, blow away subs with even 3x the amount of power. Power really doesn't mean much in terms of output. Efficieny is a much better gauge at how well a sub will perform with a certain power rating.

What is your budget for subs, and what size(s) are you looking for. The rl-p may be the best choice since you can get it cheaper on ebay, but there may be better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Ok. Well my budget I would have to say is around 550 trying to stay below it tho. the size really doesnt matter to me, but I am trying to stay with one sub so that later down the road I could eventually get another when I can afford a high output alternator.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 236
You have a budget around $550 for just a sub? Or does that include other things as well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
that includes the sub amp and materials to build a box (I have the tools already)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1750
why not audiobahn a8000v?? or T

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 240
I would say just go with that RL-p then. Get that sub, with the p1000.1 amp from massive and call it a day. It will be hard to get a better sounding 15 inch sub, for the money if you get it for a good price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
ok thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
ok...one more thing...How much is that amp you suggested ,showrides?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 246
$275 shipped I believe. But you would have to contact the guys at low-hz.com to verify that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us