Port maze enclosure????

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1478
Wazzzup guyz im wondering and ive wondered u know how there is some boxes with like a port wall here and there inside tha box does it matter where u put the other inner port walls do those affect tha tuning and do they sound better then just a straight rectangle port with out the big maze inside thanx guyz......

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1479
BUMP Plez, Muddy could u help me with this one?? Thanx bro.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1480
If u dont understand tha ? tell me and ill try to rephrase it.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1481
Does ne1 know at least tha proper name for em so i could look em up on google??

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1482
Bump

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4678
it doesn't matter how the port is inside the box. its the length of the port that determines the tuning frequencies.

if your tuning requiers you to have a long port then you can do it like a maze or just run the port wall along side the box wall. just make sure the port is same width all the way through.

i am not sure exactly if this is what you want to know but i gave it a try.

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1483
Ya thanx bro i noticed that my uncs box has like another port wall in his enclosure when i put my hand inside his port, so how do u measure a slot port that turns or whatever?? Thanx.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8785
port length remains constant but the reason it ends up like a maze is due 2 how u would like the dimentions of the box 2 be especially when u ask 4 it 2 be a more squarish design but if u input it with 1 side being kinda long the port sometimes showing up very simple with only 2 bends in it

play around with different height/width measurements & u will see it 4 urself ....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1485
Thanx Rovin I went on That decaf box site and it says like the port is say 16inches in length but no matter how i measure it myself with tha other dimentions of the box i get 16.25inches so is decaf wrong?? Let see if i can draw how my uncles box is on paint hold on.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8787
yeh i compared port lenght from decaf with the calculator on carstereo.com & both r not far apart - so i personally wont ache my brain over it ..lol......

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1486
This is a pic of my uncles ported enclosure, how do u measure the length of it?? From wut point to wut??
image/bmpUpload
Enclosure 2.bmp (96.7 k)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1487
This is a pic of my uncles ported enclosure, how do u measure the length of the port?? From wut point to wut??
image/bmpUpload
Enclosure 2.bmp (96.7 k)

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1488
Kool thanx rovin so that means no one is right?? So how would u measure port length on a slot port??

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 916
measure it as if it were one big tube that curves

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8789
hmmm - that drawing of urs , y did that port need 2 be shaped that way when it could have simply been L shaped !?

with a L sahped port u measure length in d middle - check it out on jlaudio.com tutorial section ....

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1489
Kool thanx Rovin and Troy. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11524
longer ports that need bends or turns need to account for the shift in air velocity as well.

some boxes you see with a lot of turns in the port walls aren't straight ported enclosures, too. They're tuned folded horns or transmission line enclosures.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1097
omg HES Hear........ LOL long time no see

im glad i found this site cuz i woulda neva knew ported enclousers where that simple

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 1493
Thanx Glasswolf, damn i havnt seen u on since around tha time i registered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us