Alternator Question

Username: Tyler88

Post Number: 7
Here's my setup a t500.2 that draws 50-60 amps at rms. a 15in RE XXX powered by that amp. I have a accord 2001 ex 4cyl with a stock 80 amp alternator, stock battery, stock wiring. When i run the sub my lights dim when the sub hits the low notes. I was told that just update the big three should do the trick but i figure that my total pull from my system and the car running is 75-90 amps depending on whats all on. I would like to get a HO alternator and have been looking at an Iraggi 180 amp alternator any reviews on these alternators? The main reason i want to get the HO alternator is because i want to get a bigger amp cause i barely give the sub half of its rms (looking at a t1000.1 possibly others). Is this something that is easy to install because i might have to do something with the cars computer possibly. Really i'm looking for direction cause i'm new to this so any advice is really appreaciated. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3885
You'd be best off contacting Iraggi alternators...they can usually provide you with all the necessary info etc. to get a HO alt to work on your car. The only difficult part would be getting the old alt out and new one in if it's under the engine somewhere haha...

Bronze Member
Username: Tyler88

Post Number: 11
i know where it is but i don't know how to get it out it's not in a difficult spot really. anyone have a recommend HO alternator they have used?

Username: Socialenemy69

Post Number: 1
I put in a 170 Amp HO alternator in my 94 Accord on monday. I got it from www.4alterstart.com for $325 shipped. Its a direct stock replacement with the only modification being an upgraded power wire from the Alternator + to the Battery +. I wrote up a DIY guide that you can look at here http://www.vancouveraccords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2833

or

here: http://www.hondasociety.com/board/showthread.php?t=121254

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11508
http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/newmain/battcapalt/

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4311
glasswolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1298
Nice article. Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3920
The article states lights dimming is perfectly okay as long as they stay at the same brightness after dimming...however, I've always read the voltage surges resulting from that can seriously damage the regulator circuitry in the alternator. In fact, I've had it happen before, totally fried the regulator from running too much current (130 amp OEM alt in my old 99' Crown vic).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us