Thump t5406 request instructions.

Username: Homey_v

Post Number: 1
anyone have instructions for this amp? i baught it brand new but lost the instructions couple years ago. i tried emailing MA and they said no they cant help me

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1663
what do you need? install it

Username: Homey_v

Post Number: 2
well i know nothing about amps. so i wanted the instructions to install. i have all the specs from this thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/181350.html

is the way you install an amp all the same?

Username: Furyous

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 10
Installing an amp is really easy, and is basically the same for all amplifiers. You have just 3 types of connections to run- Power, signal, trigger, and speaker (or subs). You can buy an amp install kit which comes with everything you need to hook it up. You want to get the amo install kit that is made for the amount of power your amplifier supplies. The only mistake you can make when buying an amp install kit is getting one that is too small for you amplifier. If you go too big, it will work great for your amp and allow you to move up in the future. Run the positive power cable directly to the positive battery terminal under the hood of your car. You can typically run it through the firewall where there is other wiring, just be sure to use a rubber grommet if you have to drill a hole for it so that the insulation does not wear off the wire and cause a fire. Put the inline fuse no more than a couple of feet from the connection to the battery. I always like to save installing the fuse until last so that there will be no power running through the cable when you do your install. Run the wire under carpet, behind panels, wherever you can to hide the wiring, but be sure that the wire will not be pinched or resting against anything sharp. Leave anything like panels and such undone until the end of your install- it is likely that all your other connections will share the same route. Next, connect your ground wire to the closest available spot on the car- just screw it right down and try to keep it as short as possible. Next, connect your signal and trigger wires from the head unit (trigger is usually blue, signals are the plug in RCA tpe). Run them to the amplifier behind the panels and under the carpet to hide them, again being sure not to pinch or place near sharp stuff. Plug the signal wires into the amp, connect the trigger to its terminal, and then connect your speaker(s) to the amp. Turn all the gains and sensitivity settings on the amp all the way down. Now install your fuse, turn on your radio, and check the power light on the amp- should be on. Next, turn your head unit up on some good test music and adjust your gains and sensitivity up until you get good sound without distortion. Put your car back together and enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us