OT - Installing Xenon headlights on a gmc jimmy

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 522
Hey guys, this way off topic but I'm having troubles with these lights. I wanted these lights so I went and bought some off ebay and when I got them I found the that pattern to be completely different so it wouldn't even fit also the stock light was a sealed beam so in order to replace to the bulb I would have to replace the whole lamp. Does anyone know if this is true or is there something i'm supposed to unplug or move around. Thea auction states that its just a plug and replace kind of bulb.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 320
sounds like you got the wrong bulb to me.. you'd have to order whatever type of socket yours was and apparantly that auction was for the wrong type.. but be WARNED.. don't use stock headlight sockets with high output bulbs. I have a pair of 7000k nokya for my jetta (9007 socket) and i've melted two pairs of stock headlight sockets so now im back to my old bulbs until i order some heat resistant socket from ebay. as far as the sealed beam.. idk.. should just be able to replace the bulb. the bulbs have a small seal on them so when its in and tight it creates a seal.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 525
It seems like its the wrong bulb but they sent the same one that is pictured, and there are quite a few different sellers selling the same light for my truck and they all look the same, maybe the previous owner changed something. Thanks for the tip on the heating, mine are actually 5000k, so I don't if that will be ok ? what do you think

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1571
i need 6k lights, any brand, can somebody post me a link, i just need H4 for my civic 2000

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 321
I'd still advise to upgrade socket... on ebay they were like 4.95 plus shipping... my brother sees cars come in all the time who use h/o halogen or xenon who have melted the hell out of everything. xenon burn hotter than halogen so i'd definately take the precausion to get new sockets. don't want to end up like me at night with no headlights Lol.. worse comes to worse don't want anything to catch on fire.

julio..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6000K-XENON-HID-BULBS-H4-HONDA-CIVIC-ELEMENT-CR-V -PILOT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ020QQitemZ300011384081QQrdZ1

check ebay they have a lot..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us