I need HELP with some things...

Username: Isuzdude05

Post Number: 6
I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo with 2 12" Power Acoustik FUBR Subs (200 oz Magnet, 700rms 1800peak) 1800 Watt monoblock kenwood amp, I have them in a sealed box wich is not big enough for how much air they push, it feels like they are going to explode when they hit with low bass notes. So I am trying to decide what kind of box to upgrade to, ported or sealed (bigger) kind of want to get a ported box,I also need a capitor iw as thinking 3 Farad but not sure, PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1224
if you want more sq, stay sealed. more spl then ported. and you don't need a cap. unless you already have a ho alt. and even then a cap. isn't really needed. and what's the specs of that amp, rms not peak?

Post Number: 8
sq=? (im an idiot) 900rms 1800 max and my lights dim like nothing when they hit

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

Australia

Post Number: 153
sq= sound quality, spl = sound pressure level (loudness). I don't know much about capacitors, but GW's site at http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/capacitors.html is handy. Read this paragraph in particular:

"So by adding a capacitor to try taking the place of a high-output alternator, you are actually causing more work for your alternator, and causing even more damage to that stock alternator."

Post Number: 9
Which do you guys look more for sq or spl?

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 425
i like spl. i just want to be heard:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us