Ocean springs, Ms.

Post Number: 20
bout 1500.00

Bronze Member
Username: Dht

Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico

Post Number: 18
a would say:

hu- of your choice (i like eclipse older models, the new ones are not that good)(i have the cd 8053, and i love it)
sets: 2 acs 6.5 (really good sets and very cheap)
amp: arc kar 600.4
amp: arc kar 900.1d
sub: 2 w3v3 10" or 12" (i like 10")
optima battery (yellow)
cap: they are all the same one get one of the sub amp. of 1 Farad

I think that is a bit more than 1500 but i will sound great and it is not to expensive

you could change the sub for two arc series.. cheaper than jl audio and for me the sound is very similar. Jl is very expensive cause if its name...

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2940
good choice on amps and subs above from Diego. ditch the cap, and idk about thoes speakers. for a HU, look at Pioneer too.

Pioneer Premier 780 - $300
Rainbow SLC/JL XR comps - $330
ED NINE.2 - $215
ED NINE.2X - $265
2x ED 13Kv.2/ID12 $250
thats $1360 leaving you some extra for wireing and box materials. thats 800Wrms so you may or may not need a HO alt.

just my .02

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1731
if you go with the ed stuff brandon recommended, you can get it all shipped for $620 and save yourself $100+ from the price.

Bronze Member
Username: Tcrowden

Ocean springs, Ms.

Post Number: 21
had pioneer 860,crossfire comps and coax,one rfr3110,vr1000d and vr404

Bronze Member
Username: Tcrowden

Ocean springs, Ms.

Post Number: 22
BOOM

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Brandon it looks you know about car audio... i want to know what you think of the cdt ES-07.2US GOLD sets... I saw them on internet and i really like them because they are 250 at 100hz... thats a lot of power. i was looking on other brands and i didnt find any speaker that could handle this power at this frecuency, but i dont really know how they sound. I also like the idea of the upstage of this set...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
do you know that arc acs and rainbow are from the same company.... just look on the crossover.. they are exactly the same and the same for the speaker and tweeter..

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=4&art=231497

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/speakers/pop_acs265.htm

look at this sites!!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2947
for the cost of the ES and ES.07 CDT stuff, you can get so much better. just not up to par imo. anything over the HD's and i'd look elsewhere.

just about any decient brand of speakers if installed well and crossed over properly can handle more power then they are rated for as long as it is clean!

example - my Rainbow Profi vanadium 3 ways are rated at 180 max. i'm feeding them 250 watts a side off a Zapco Reference 1000.

how much do thoes ES.07's you are looking at run?? or better, how good a deal can Alter get you if he can ship to Mexico.

ARC has been having a lot of their stuff made by other companies. like their Arc Line subs were made by Image Dynamics. that may be true for thoes speakers, i can't really say. but you can look at the Rainbow Germanium crossover and see how closely it looks to the MB Quart crossovers, but inside, looks nothing alike. and sound wise, not even close. just because they look the same does not mean they will sound the same!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Thanks man... good info!!! this are the good brands that we have in mexico: morel, dls, audision, hertz, arc, diamond and cdt, after that you can only find junk. what can you recommend me of these brands. I want something big cause i have a lot of power and y what to use it

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2948
i'd go with Morel or DLS speakers.
DLS, Audision or Arc amps.
DLS, Arc or Diamond subs.

not really sure on prices to reccomend you a setup under your price range though.

don't know much about Hertz though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us