Quick expert answer please

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 290
So since my box refuses to fit in my trunk I gotta redesign it a little. Can anybody tell me if this vvvvvvvvv port setup would work? Thanks

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 295
Well normally the sub is on the same plane of the port.. it would work fine but I don't see why you could not just do a straight port, depending on the frequency you might not even need an L ..

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 291
My subs occupy the whole space under "overhead view". It's not to scale but I have to make the port as long as possible in the "L" shape, because I can't fit a straight one. It also needs to fire out the back, centered. This box has been nothing but a pain in the @ss...

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 297
what are you tuning it to btw?
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp
That will help you determine that.. do you subs downfire? ever thought about downfiring with the port? how you have it will work but you still need to determine the frequency you want to figure out the length and width..

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1464
eric can you tell me a good box program or website???

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 294
The tuning part isn't the problem I know how that works but thanks. I don't know exactly what freq. yet but I'll figure that out when I get some dimensions. My subs fire up. And how would you downfire a port? Doesn't it need at least 6" open space?

Silver Member

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 299
link is above.. for ported boxes.. or

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1466
eric could you explain to me the tuning part, i'm stupid when it comes to boxes

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 296
Tuning is first based off the size of your box (cu ft). Then comes the size of your port (length, width, height). The size of the box along with the three dimensions determines what the port is tuned to. A calculator makes it easy by inputting the box size and desired tuning freq., and it will give you the required dimensions to make your port.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us