10" or 12" type Rs?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 18
ok well i figured out i want some type Rs but i cant decide 10s or 12s. right now i have a profile ap2000T 20000 watt amp that pushes 460 RMSx2. i have two audiobahn aw1206Ts in there now and i hate how they sound. the volume is good but i only turn it up about half way most of the time. my friend just installed some infinity 10s in his car and they werent quite as loud as i wanted but they only have like 250 rms goin to them. im thinking 10 inch type Rs would be enough for me but i wanted some reassurance. his 10s are in a lil mazda and the type Rs are gonna be goin in the trunk of a 71 pontiac lemans so its quite a trunk size difference and mine is an all steel body so im worried its not gonna be loud enough for 10s. i listen to all types of music and i want to be able to hit the lows as well but i like the accuracy and sound of 10s. i guess i just need a lil more help. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8645
might as well get the 12s u wont think "hmm if only i had gotten the 12s instead" -lol ......

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 19
yea thats what i was thinkin exactly.... but i also really like the accuracy of the 10s so i dunno.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 508
Then you might say " I wonder what the 15's would sound like"

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 465
2 12s. His 10s prolly just seem really accurate to you b/c your used to hearin audiobahns, which get loud, but no SQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us