Fried Amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 67
Ok, while driving today my subs stopped bumpin. When I got home I noticed my fuse was blown, ok no problem. (fuse on amp) While the car was on i tried to put in a new fuse, and it looked like i saw electricity. Well got close to putting it in and noticed the fuse startingto melt. So I got a new fuse and noticed the same thing was about to happen so I turned off the car put the fuse in and my amp started to smoke! Did I fry my amp? I unhooked the power going to amp after that. I'm afraid to hook it back up for fear of making the amp worse or screwing up my electrical system. the fuse going to the battery was ok.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3654
Yeah, it's fried. Probably lost a cap or mosfet...it was drawing too much current. Might be worth opening it up to see what blew.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3655
...and man, you're having really bad luck as of lately.

Username: Json_35010

Alexander City, AL USA

Post Number: 4
If you are interested in having the amp serviced and tested, check out www.audiotekx.com

We offer free testing on all equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
yea i know :-( Guess I'll open it up tomorrow and check if anything is burned up.....hey Jexx thanks for all the help the past few days, you helped me ALOT! Could I have fried my amp from a small guage wire? I have a 1000 Watt amp with 8G power and ground, I read that I should have been using 4G.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
ok, i opened it up and it has no burnt smell or indication that anything burned up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
ok, well tried hooking it back up and it instantly blows the fuse and smokes a little. I tried 3x but then gave up and hooked up my old 400w amp :-( *sigh* time for a new amp i guess. This time i will do it right and get a mono block good amp

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3696
What kind of amp was it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
oh it was a very cheap amp my friend talked me into getting. (when i knew nothing about brand names and car audio) Pyle PLa2280 The sad part is I won't be able to get a decent amp for a while :-( Bills

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1373
hell with pyle ice pick jeje, i understand you, is pretty bad to be on budget, but what are you pushing, what do you want?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
I'm pushing 2 12's but sadly everything was on a budget or from bad advice from friends who I thought knew more than me. I guess it's to be expected on my first system with no real idea what was good, but now I know a lot. opps...kinda went on there...the subs i have are Visonik (yes budget) in a sealed box. In two months I should have money to do my system right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
well bro, check this out, you can get some profiles to push those visoniks, profile is very good when pushing small subs or components, they don't have those high models and they are overrated, but they do put a good amount of power for the money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
oh, cool i will look into it thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1400
www.millionbuy.com has good deals
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts