Pioneer Deh-860MP Help

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 55
Ok, I have a pioneer 860mp I currently have 2 amps but only one hooked up for now b/c I need new Rca cables :-( I have a cheap crappy but will do the job for now 4ch amp that even if i take off the high pass filter and mess with the high pass filter on my radio i can't get ANY bass at all! I won't have my subs hooked up again for another 2-3 weeks so i want some kind of bass. I have bass blockers on my front stage so i'm kinda relying on my rear 6x9's for bass. I have bass fine with it connected to the factory wiring, but when i hook up the amp no bass. I was reading my manual and i have a network mode but don't understand fully what it's for. My question is to anyone who has experience with this radio or had a problem similar to this, do i have to have the radio set on network mode if i use more than one amp? Oh, currently i have the amp preout on High/front would i get any bass with it on this preout? I ALSO tried the preout for REAR/midbass the most appropriate for this setup and still no bass. I did somewhat bend this preout, but when connected no distortion or noise. Please help i miss my bass and i don't want to take out my radio and put it on network mode and find out it won't work, b/c it's hard enough putting my radio in with all the wires behind it :/

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3519
I believe network mode makes it so that you have an amp for each frequency range(someone correct me if I'm wrong, I know for sure there are many people here with an 860MP)...one for mids, for highs, and for lows. Overall...you're going to have to change modes. Just be glad you don't have to take the entire dash off to get the unit out ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
hmmm...so i'm guessing most likely i'll need to change to network mode. I hope someone with this radio can help clarify

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
does anyone who has this radio can tell me what they use or what network mode is for?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3580
I talked to an owner of an 860 and did some research, that's exactly what network mode is. One set of preouts for highs, one for mids, and one for bass. It needs to be changed to standard mode to work for you. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
THANKYOU SOOO MUCH JEXX!!! You have helped me more than once this week. I thought no one was going to answer me. Will try tomorrow so excited now :-) wait...just read the last part...i'm on standard now, did u mean to say i need it changed to network mode?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3584
Ah, I misread that lol. Though it might be a good idea to try network mode and hook up your amp to the subwoofer midbass output. To be honest, I think it can still be changed from the headunit without pulling it out....try posting in the subwoofer section with the model number and see if anyone there can help...I'm stumped lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
lol...ok thanks alot for the help so far. It's like 1:40 am here so tired :/

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1093
you need to adjust the crossover points on the HU. When using the crossover the RCA's switch from fronts/rears/sub to highs/ mid/lows. So if you start messing with the crossover points on the HU when the mode is switched you have the chance of cutting out some of the midbass. If you just have fronts and rears coax don't switch modes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
oh ok thanks....well i appreciate all the helps guys :-) I finally hooked up subs again today so no need for bass anymore from the 6x9s. but will try that just incase to see how it sounds
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us