Is this a bad idea?

Bronze Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 27
So i got my eclipse Ti 10" sub, thanks for the reccomendations its better then i was expecting, and I have it in a ~1.4CuFt sealed enclosure.

I was toying with the idea of puting a port in it, however I think I made the enclosure too small for it to have one. Then again what do i know im still learning all this about subs.

I have a 3" flared on both ends port, about 14" long, that i could use, but i would like some direction and if it would sound like crap i wouldent even think of it.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: _jw_

OH

Post Number: 16
Are you trying to port the sealed box you already have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
thats the idea as i dont really want to make another box, nor do i want to spare much trunk space.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 107
Don't port a Ti, at least not in anything less than 2.5cf, it won't perform well in a ported enclosure that small.

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 160
yeah if you port the box you already have there is probably too little room for it to be tuned to the right frequency and actually sound good.

Ported boxes need alot of space because the port is taking up some of the space that the subwoofer would have used had the port not been there.

If you wanna learn about ports go to JL's Website and they tell you exactally how to measure the port and tune your box to the right frequency for your sub to perform its best at.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Alright, thats what i kinda figured. Thanks for the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us